Amazon has announced that in 2008 the company will begin an international rollout of Amazon MP3, the retail giant's DRM-free MP3 digital music store.
"We have received thousands of e-mails from Amazon customers around the world asking us when we will make Amazon MP3 available outside of the US They can't wait to choose from the biggest selection of high-quality, low-priced DRM-free MP3 music downloads which play on virtually any music device they own today or will own in the future," said Bill Carr, Amazon.com Vice President of Digital Music. "We are excited to tell those customers today that Amazon MP3 is going international this year."
Amazon MP3 is the only retailer to offer customers DRM-free MP3s from all four major music labels, as well as over 33,000 independent labels. Their catalog includes 3.3-million tracks (iTunes has over 6 million).
Editor's note: So, when will Apple relent on variable pricing and begin to offer "everything" DRM-free? Amazon has to be making an impact...
What's your take?
Download It Now on iTunes.
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
- Video: Hackintosh Series: BIOS Setup (#19)
- Comcast and Netflix work out a deal
- Steve Jobs to be on postage stamp
- iTunes Festival at SXSW
- Element Case adds iPad Air Soft-Tec Folio case
- Detailed look at coverage of Google’s fortunes vs Apple
Browse and search for more articles