Associated Press (Google) reports that AT&T will begin offering its premium broadband customers "free" access to its 10,000 wi-fi hotspots nationwide from next week.
"It's a differentiator for us when people are choosing between competitors," said Fletcher Cook, spokesman.
AT&T iPhone customers currently must pay for a wi-fi package to use their handsets at the company's hotspots, but they now can use their iPhones at hotspots for free if they are also AT&T premium broadband subscribers.
Unsurprisingly, the vast majority of AT&T's broadband customers subscribe to the company's non-premium 1.5Mbps service and aren't eligible for free hotspot access.
Editor's note: This sounds like a good deal for iPhone users that are already AT&T broadband subscribers.
However, if you're on cable with someone else, even a bad bandwidth day is probably faster than DSL...
What's your take?
- 1Password gets update on Mac, iOS
- Cringely on IBM's massive restructuring
- Report: Apple Watch battery life may be around 19 hours
- Twitter launches recap feature
- Rogue Amoeba Audio Hijack get major overhaul
- Khan Academy brings lessons to iPad
- Evernote Scannable App
- Podcast: CES wrap-up of gadgets, ho or no adventures and more
- Looking at Flickr camera ownership for 2014
- iOS 8 beta previews Apple Watch companion app
- Lifeproof LiveActiv Battery Backup Case and Smart Mounting System - CES 2015
- USB 3.1 storage from Other World Computing - CES 2015
- ScanSnap ix100 portable/mobile scanner - CES 2015
- WEMO Zigbee products for doors, windows, smoke detectors, keychains, and more - CES 2015
- FLIR One thermal camera for iOS w/ Lightning Connector- CES 2015
- iDevices Switch offers iOS 8 HomeKit compatibility - CES 2015
- Upcoming Transwarp from OWC brings better than Fusion Drive to older Macs0 CES 2015
- Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide Cooker - CES 2015
- Mountie from Ten 1 Design mounts your tablet to your display - CES 2015
- iPin Laser pointer and iPin BTtogo presentation gadgets for iPhone - CES 2015
- Griffin Reversible USB cable in iPhone colors - CES 2015
- Griffin iTrip AUX Bluetooth and iTrip AUX AutoPilot for cars - CES 2015
- NuMount VESA adapter announced for newer iMacs
- The Interview now available on iTunes
- Video: Anti-Gravity XP-1 battery jumps your car, charges your devices
Browse and search for more articles