Associated Press (Google) reports that AT&T will begin offering its premium broadband customers "free" access to its 10,000 wi-fi hotspots nationwide from next week.
"It's a differentiator for us when people are choosing between competitors," said Fletcher Cook, spokesman.
AT&T iPhone customers currently must pay for a wi-fi package to use their handsets at the company's hotspots, but they now can use their iPhones at hotspots for free if they are also AT&T premium broadband subscribers.
Unsurprisingly, the vast majority of AT&T's broadband customers subscribe to the company's non-premium 1.5Mbps service and aren't eligible for free hotspot access.
Editor's note: This sounds like a good deal for iPhone users that are already AT&T broadband subscribers.
However, if you're on cable with someone else, even a bad bandwidth day is probably faster than DSL...
What's your take?
- Twelve South offers new Rutledge BookBook for MacBooks
- iPassword 4.2 for Mac
- Microsoft to introduce OneNote for Mac
- iTunes Radio usage passes Spotify and Google Play
- iOS 7.1 makes iPhone 4 tolerable
- Nice video overview iOS 7 UI changes
- Evernote launches Pebble app
- Wello iPhone case delivers suite of biometric readings
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
Browse and search for more articles