Orange has accidentally leaked the fact that it will provide iPhone contracts in France for 49 euros per month, Reuters reports.
The two-year contract will cost a total of 1,176 euros ($US1,754) when it goes on sale next Wednesday. A one-year (minimum) contract will cost an extra 4.5 euros per month. The 49-euro-per-month contract includes two hours of talk time, 50 SMS text messages, 10 hours of wi-fi connection and unlimited email.
The terms appeared briefly on Orange's website this week, before quickly being removed. Orange will also charge 399 euros for the iPhone purchase.
Analysis: We have to bear in mind that the recent, sharp US dollar depreciation makes these Euro-denominated prices worse than they appear. Nevertheless, the iPhone and its contracts are not cheap in Europe. We expect there will be similar levels of unlocking in Europe, as has occurred in the US and other markets where the iPhone has not even been released.
But it's not a great contract in France; a lousy 50 SMSs per month?
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
- Video: Hackintosh Series: BIOS Setup (#19)
- Comcast and Netflix work out a deal
- Steve Jobs to be on postage stamp
- iTunes Festival at SXSW
- Element Case adds iPad Air Soft-Tec Folio case
Browse and search for more articles