Orange has accidentally leaked the fact that it will provide iPhone contracts in France for 49 euros per month, Reuters reports.
The two-year contract will cost a total of 1,176 euros ($US1,754) when it goes on sale next Wednesday. A one-year (minimum) contract will cost an extra 4.5 euros per month. The 49-euro-per-month contract includes two hours of talk time, 50 SMS text messages, 10 hours of wi-fi connection and unlimited email.
The terms appeared briefly on Orange's website this week, before quickly being removed. Orange will also charge 399 euros for the iPhone purchase.
Analysis: We have to bear in mind that the recent, sharp US dollar depreciation makes these Euro-denominated prices worse than they appear. Nevertheless, the iPhone and its contracts are not cheap in Europe. We expect there will be similar levels of unlocking in Europe, as has occurred in the US and other markets where the iPhone has not even been released.
But it's not a great contract in France; a lousy 50 SMSs per month?
- MacBook's USB-C Connector, Meerkat, Super Troopers, + More
- TED comes to Apple TV
- Agile Bits on passwords and security theater
- Fitbit to add multiple tracker support
- Report: Major Apple TV update, app store expected
- ABC News gets tour of Apple health and fitness lab
- Haptic touchpad on new MacBook Pro
- Tim Cook on internal collaboration and the customer experience
- Report: Apple TV subscription service expected this fall
- Want to live above an Apple Store?
- New movie: Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine
- Confusion over the MacBook's USB-C port
- Podcast: The Apple Watch
- Griffen WatchStand announced for Apple Watch
- Waterfield Designs Time Travel case for the Apple Watch
- The Apple Watch
- New MacBook comes in smaller, lighter than MacBook Air
- HBO Now official announced for Apple devices
- Reserve Strap battery backup for Apple Watch
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
Browse and search for more articles