Orange has accidentally leaked the fact that it will provide iPhone contracts in France for 49 euros per month, Reuters reports.
The two-year contract will cost a total of 1,176 euros ($US1,754) when it goes on sale next Wednesday. A one-year (minimum) contract will cost an extra 4.5 euros per month. The 49-euro-per-month contract includes two hours of talk time, 50 SMS text messages, 10 hours of wi-fi connection and unlimited email.
The terms appeared briefly on Orange's website this week, before quickly being removed. Orange will also charge 399 euros for the iPhone purchase.
Analysis: We have to bear in mind that the recent, sharp US dollar depreciation makes these Euro-denominated prices worse than they appear. Nevertheless, the iPhone and its contracts are not cheap in Europe. We expect there will be similar levels of unlocking in Europe, as has occurred in the US and other markets where the iPhone has not even been released.
But it's not a great contract in France; a lousy 50 SMSs per month?
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
Browse and search for more articles