Orange has accidentally leaked the fact that it will provide iPhone contracts in France for 49 euros per month, Reuters reports.
The two-year contract will cost a total of 1,176 euros ($US1,754) when it goes on sale next Wednesday. A one-year (minimum) contract will cost an extra 4.5 euros per month. The 49-euro-per-month contract includes two hours of talk time, 50 SMS text messages, 10 hours of wi-fi connection and unlimited email.
The terms appeared briefly on Orange's website this week, before quickly being removed. Orange will also charge 399 euros for the iPhone purchase.
Analysis: We have to bear in mind that the recent, sharp US dollar depreciation makes these Euro-denominated prices worse than they appear. Nevertheless, the iPhone and its contracts are not cheap in Europe. We expect there will be similar levels of unlocking in Europe, as has occurred in the US and other markets where the iPhone has not even been released.
But it's not a great contract in France; a lousy 50 SMSs per month?
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
Browse and search for more articles