DigiTimes is reporting comments from battery makers Simplo and Dynapack that could indicate Apple is intending to launch new MacBooks in January.
Specifically, Simplo has said that new MacBook battery orders will begin shipping in December. Based in part on largess from Apple, The company expects to enjoy 30 to 40 percent shipment growth in 2008
Previously, IGM had reported that Apple might update the MacBook ahead of the holidays, but after the Oct 26 launch of Leopard.
Editor's note: It's entirely possible that DigiTimes has gotten it wrong and that the new orders mentioned are actually for a rumored Mac subnotebook. I would like to believe that Apple will push updated hardware to drive Leopard sales and the MacBook would seem the logical choice...
What's your take?
- Report: The how, the where, and the when for the Apple Watch ordering
- Apple retail tracking site ifoapplestore calls it quits
- Session with Becoming Steve Jobs authors available on iTunes
- MacBook's USB-C Connector, Meerkat, Super Troopers, + More
- TED comes to Apple TV
- Agile Bits on passwords and security theater
- Fitbit to add multiple tracker support
- Report: Major Apple TV update, app store expected
- ABC News gets tour of Apple health and fitness lab
- Haptic touchpad on new MacBook Pro
- Tim Cook on internal collaboration and the customer experience
- Report: Apple TV subscription service expected this fall
- Want to live above an Apple Store?
- New movie: Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine
- Confusion over the MacBook's USB-C port
- Podcast: The Apple Watch
- Griffen WatchStand announced for Apple Watch
- Waterfield Designs Time Travel case for the Apple Watch
- The Apple Watch
- New MacBook comes in smaller, lighter than MacBook Air
- HBO Now official announced for Apple devices
- Reserve Strap battery backup for Apple Watch
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
Browse and search for more articles