DigiTimes is reporting comments from battery makers Simplo and Dynapack that could indicate Apple is intending to launch new MacBooks in January.
Specifically, Simplo has said that new MacBook battery orders will begin shipping in December. Based in part on largess from Apple, The company expects to enjoy 30 to 40 percent shipment growth in 2008
Previously, IGM had reported that Apple might update the MacBook ahead of the holidays, but after the Oct 26 launch of Leopard.
Editor's note: It's entirely possible that DigiTimes has gotten it wrong and that the new orders mentioned are actually for a rumored Mac subnotebook. I would like to believe that Apple will push updated hardware to drive Leopard sales and the MacBook would seem the logical choice...
What's your take?
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
Browse and search for more articles