DigiTimes is reporting comments from battery makers Simplo and Dynapack that could indicate Apple is intending to launch new MacBooks in January.
Specifically, Simplo has said that new MacBook battery orders will begin shipping in December. Based in part on largess from Apple, The company expects to enjoy 30 to 40 percent shipment growth in 2008
Previously, IGM had reported that Apple might update the MacBook ahead of the holidays, but after the Oct 26 launch of Leopard.
Editor's note: It's entirely possible that DigiTimes has gotten it wrong and that the new orders mentioned are actually for a rumored Mac subnotebook. I would like to believe that Apple will push updated hardware to drive Leopard sales and the MacBook would seem the logical choice...
What's your take?
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
- Detailed look at iOS 8 Privacy
- IBM's Watson in the kitchen
- Apple rolls out Back to School Promo
- Apple may be rolling out two-factor verification for iCloud
- Apple revamps iTunes U for better iPad integration
- Apple ends Aperture
- New Parenthood iPhone 5s ad features apps with kids
- Apple updates lowest end iPod touch, trims prices
- Apple’s focus on the customer
- Dropbox app looks to streamline desktop setup
- Apple TV adds on ABC News, PBS Kids, AOL On
- A look inside Dropbox's new HQ
- Apple TV and HomeKit possibilities
- T-Mobile offers unlimited iTunes Radio streaming
- Podcast: Low end iMac, Podcast App, Amazon Phone + More
Browse and search for more articles