DigiTimes is reporting comments from battery makers Simplo and Dynapack that could indicate Apple is intending to launch new MacBooks in January.
Specifically, Simplo has said that new MacBook battery orders will begin shipping in December. Based in part on largess from Apple, The company expects to enjoy 30 to 40 percent shipment growth in 2008
Previously, IGM had reported that Apple might update the MacBook ahead of the holidays, but after the Oct 26 launch of Leopard.
Editor's note: It's entirely possible that DigiTimes has gotten it wrong and that the new orders mentioned are actually for a rumored Mac subnotebook. I would like to believe that Apple will push updated hardware to drive Leopard sales and the MacBook would seem the logical choice...
What's your take?
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
Browse and search for more articles