DigiTimes is reporting comments from battery makers Simplo and Dynapack that could indicate Apple is intending to launch new MacBooks in January.
Specifically, Simplo has said that new MacBook battery orders will begin shipping in December. Based in part on largess from Apple, The company expects to enjoy 30 to 40 percent shipment growth in 2008
Previously, IGM had reported that Apple might update the MacBook ahead of the holidays, but after the Oct 26 launch of Leopard.
Editor's note: It's entirely possible that DigiTimes has gotten it wrong and that the new orders mentioned are actually for a rumored Mac subnotebook. I would like to believe that Apple will push updated hardware to drive Leopard sales and the MacBook would seem the logical choice...
What's your take?
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
- Thoughts on iPhone sizes
- Apple TV and HomeKit
- iPhone lines and the black market
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
Browse and search for more articles