Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, which owns FOX, among other many other global media interests, is not doing an NBC and pulling out of iTunes, Reuters reports.
Peter Chernin, News Corp's president and COO has confirmed that the company's TV shows will stay with iTunes, even though the two firms don't always see eye-to-eye on pricing.
"Right now we have a perfectly good relationship with Apple," Chernin is quoted as saying to Reuters. "But let me say this, we're the ones who should determine what the fair price for our product is, not Apple."
Prison Break and 24 are amongst the News Corp shows on the iTS, while NBC, which accounts for 40% of all TV show downloads, split with Apple recently, citing pricing policy differences. NBC has a deal with Amazon Unbox.
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Controls
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Hardware
- Apple Watch Apps, shipping issues, pop culture reactions
- Some practically useful early Apple Watch apps
- Ars: Inside Apple's ResearchKit
- Apple VP Angela Ahrendts sends video message on Apple Watch to retail employees
- Keynote, PowerPoint apps add support for Apple Watch
- How Apple Watch measures your heart rate
- AnandTech review of new MacBook
- Podcast: Apple Watch try-on experience, new MacBook
- 1Password 5.4 for iOS brings Apple Watch support
- Reddit Infographic visually describe Apple Watch UI
- Andy Hertzfeld on latest Jobs biography
- OWC Envoy Pro mini brings up to 480GB on a USB 3.0 stick
- Apple sets June 8th for WWDC
- Apple releases ResearchKit medical research framework
- The Apple Watch store appointment experience
- Podcast: Picking an Apple Watch, 1Password OTP
- Apple Watch goes on pre-order Friday exclusively online
- Apple VP Ahrendts tells staff best way to buy Apple Watch
- 1Password for Mac 5.3 adds TOTP Password support
- Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection comings to iTunes
- HBO Now launches for iOS
- Apple offering employees up to 50% discount on Apple Watch at launch
- Apple Watch Guided Tours
Browse and search for more articles