Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, which owns FOX, among other many other global media interests, is not doing an NBC and pulling out of iTunes, Reuters reports.
Peter Chernin, News Corp's president and COO has confirmed that the company's TV shows will stay with iTunes, even though the two firms don't always see eye-to-eye on pricing.
"Right now we have a perfectly good relationship with Apple," Chernin is quoted as saying to Reuters. "But let me say this, we're the ones who should determine what the fair price for our product is, not Apple."
Prison Break and 24 are amongst the News Corp shows on the iTS, while NBC, which accounts for 40% of all TV show downloads, split with Apple recently, citing pricing policy differences. NBC has a deal with Amazon Unbox.
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
Browse and search for more articles