Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, which owns FOX, among other many other global media interests, is not doing an NBC and pulling out of iTunes, Reuters reports.
Peter Chernin, News Corp's president and COO has confirmed that the company's TV shows will stay with iTunes, even though the two firms don't always see eye-to-eye on pricing.
"Right now we have a perfectly good relationship with Apple," Chernin is quoted as saying to Reuters. "But let me say this, we're the ones who should determine what the fair price for our product is, not Apple."
Prison Break and 24 are amongst the News Corp shows on the iTS, while NBC, which accounts for 40% of all TV show downloads, split with Apple recently, citing pricing policy differences. NBC has a deal with Amazon Unbox.
- Apple opens OS X betas to everyone
- Apple patches triple handshake, other vulnerabilities
- Apple TV ad Powerful shows off iPhone 5s prowess
- 1Password gets significant updates to iOS, OS X
- Proposed Thunderbolt standard promises to support dual 4K displays
- A&E, The History Channel, and Lifetime channels now available on Apple TV
- Apple touts environmental efforts for Earth Day
- Report: Nike looks to get out of fitness tracker game
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
Browse and search for more articles