Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, which owns FOX, among other many other global media interests, is not doing an NBC and pulling out of iTunes, Reuters reports.
Peter Chernin, News Corp's president and COO has confirmed that the company's TV shows will stay with iTunes, even though the two firms don't always see eye-to-eye on pricing.
"Right now we have a perfectly good relationship with Apple," Chernin is quoted as saying to Reuters. "But let me say this, we're the ones who should determine what the fair price for our product is, not Apple."
Prison Break and 24 are amongst the News Corp shows on the iTS, while NBC, which accounts for 40% of all TV show downloads, split with Apple recently, citing pricing policy differences. NBC has a deal with Amazon Unbox.
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
- Apple Mystery Van spotted in Bay Area
- Apple to convert sapphire glass factory to data center command center
- Newer Tech replacement batteries for older unibody MacBooks
- McCracken on TUAW shutting down
- Podcast: TV/Movie Reboots, Apple makes some money, IBM, CoD
Browse and search for more articles