Quoting an unnamed AT&T staffer, WaitingForiPhone.com reports that AT&T Mobility has fulfilled over one-million iPhone activations since the device was launched on June 29th.
Pundits and analysts have variously estimated iPhone sales in its first weekend at 200,000 to 750,000 units.
Waiting also reports that some high-volume AT&T stores are receiving and selling iPhones.
“Our warehouse is shipping them as quickly as they can to both customers who ordered through us and to the stores,” a source at AT&T was quoted to say. “Pretty much all stores nationwide are sold [out], especially of the 8Gb.”
There are scattered reports of iPhone availability through Apple Stores, though getting one appears to be a catch-as-catch-can proposition.
Whether you're planning on visiting an AT&T or Apple retail outlet, it's best if you call ahead.
Editor's note: To date, users' biggest complaint about the iPhone has been activating it on AT&T's network. Thereupon, one-million activations might not correspond well with the actual number of phones sold.
- Report: Apple Watch battery life may be around 19 hours
- Twitter launches recap feature
- Rogue Amoeba Audio Hijack get major overhaul
- Khan Academy brings lessons to iPad
- Evernote Scannable App
- Podcast: CES wrap-up of gadgets, ho or no adventures and more
- Looking at Flickr camera ownership for 2014
- iOS 8 beta previews Apple Watch companion app
- Lifeproof LiveActiv Battery Backup Case and Smart Mounting System - CES 2015
- USB 3.1 storage from Other World Computing - CES 2015
- ScanSnap ix100 portable/mobile scanner - CES 2015
- WEMO Zigbee products for doors, windows, smoke detectors, keychains, and more - CES 2015
- FLIR One thermal camera for iOS w/ Lightning Connector- CES 2015
- iDevices Switch offers iOS 8 HomeKit compatibility - CES 2015
- Upcoming Transwarp from OWC brings better than Fusion Drive to older Macs0 CES 2015
- Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide Cooker - CES 2015
- Mountie from Ten 1 Design mounts your tablet to your display - CES 2015
- iPin Laser pointer and iPin BTtogo presentation gadgets for iPhone - CES 2015
- Griffin Reversible USB cable in iPhone colors - CES 2015
- Griffin iTrip AUX Bluetooth and iTrip AUX AutoPilot for cars - CES 2015
- NuMount VESA adapter announced for newer iMacs
- The Interview now available on iTunes
- Video: Anti-Gravity XP-1 battery jumps your car, charges your devices
- OS X Automated Security Update
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
Browse and search for more articles