Quoting an unnamed AT&T staffer, WaitingForiPhone.com reports that AT&T Mobility has fulfilled over one-million iPhone activations since the device was launched on June 29th.
Pundits and analysts have variously estimated iPhone sales in its first weekend at 200,000 to 750,000 units.
Waiting also reports that some high-volume AT&T stores are receiving and selling iPhones.
“Our warehouse is shipping them as quickly as they can to both customers who ordered through us and to the stores,” a source at AT&T was quoted to say. “Pretty much all stores nationwide are sold [out], especially of the 8Gb.”
There are scattered reports of iPhone availability through Apple Stores, though getting one appears to be a catch-as-catch-can proposition.
Whether you're planning on visiting an AT&T or Apple retail outlet, it's best if you call ahead.
Editor's note: To date, users' biggest complaint about the iPhone has been activating it on AT&T's network. Thereupon, one-million activations might not correspond well with the actual number of phones sold.
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
- Detailed look at iOS 8 Privacy
- IBM's Watson in the kitchen
- Apple rolls out Back to School Promo
- Apple may be rolling out two-factor verification for iCloud
- Apple revamps iTunes U for better iPad integration
- Apple ends Aperture
- New Parenthood iPhone 5s ad features apps with kids
- Apple updates lowest end iPod touch, trims prices
- Apple’s focus on the customer
- Dropbox app looks to streamline desktop setup
- Apple TV adds on ABC News, PBS Kids, AOL On
- A look inside Dropbox's new HQ
- Apple TV and HomeKit possibilities
- T-Mobile offers unlimited iTunes Radio streaming
Browse and search for more articles