Quoting an unnamed AT&T staffer, WaitingForiPhone.com reports that AT&T Mobility has fulfilled over one-million iPhone activations since the device was launched on June 29th.
Pundits and analysts have variously estimated iPhone sales in its first weekend at 200,000 to 750,000 units.
Waiting also reports that some high-volume AT&T stores are receiving and selling iPhones.
“Our warehouse is shipping them as quickly as they can to both customers who ordered through us and to the stores,” a source at AT&T was quoted to say. “Pretty much all stores nationwide are sold [out], especially of the 8Gb.”
There are scattered reports of iPhone availability through Apple Stores, though getting one appears to be a catch-as-catch-can proposition.
Whether you're planning on visiting an AT&T or Apple retail outlet, it's best if you call ahead.
Editor's note: To date, users' biggest complaint about the iPhone has been activating it on AT&T's network. Thereupon, one-million activations might not correspond well with the actual number of phones sold.
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
Browse and search for more articles