Quoting an unnamed AT&T staffer, WaitingForiPhone.com reports that AT&T Mobility has fulfilled over one-million iPhone activations since the device was launched on June 29th.
Pundits and analysts have variously estimated iPhone sales in its first weekend at 200,000 to 750,000 units.
Waiting also reports that some high-volume AT&T stores are receiving and selling iPhones.
“Our warehouse is shipping them as quickly as they can to both customers who ordered through us and to the stores,” a source at AT&T was quoted to say. “Pretty much all stores nationwide are sold [out], especially of the 8Gb.”
There are scattered reports of iPhone availability through Apple Stores, though getting one appears to be a catch-as-catch-can proposition.
Whether you're planning on visiting an AT&T or Apple retail outlet, it's best if you call ahead.
Editor's note: To date, users' biggest complaint about the iPhone has been activating it on AT&T's network. Thereupon, one-million activations might not correspond well with the actual number of phones sold.
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
- Apple Pay sparks rift between merchants and credit cards
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
Browse and search for more articles