Quoting an unnamed AT&T staffer, WaitingForiPhone.com reports that AT&T Mobility has fulfilled over one-million iPhone activations since the device was launched on June 29th.
Pundits and analysts have variously estimated iPhone sales in its first weekend at 200,000 to 750,000 units.
Waiting also reports that some high-volume AT&T stores are receiving and selling iPhones.
“Our warehouse is shipping them as quickly as they can to both customers who ordered through us and to the stores,” a source at AT&T was quoted to say. “Pretty much all stores nationwide are sold [out], especially of the 8Gb.”
There are scattered reports of iPhone availability through Apple Stores, though getting one appears to be a catch-as-catch-can proposition.
Whether you're planning on visiting an AT&T or Apple retail outlet, it's best if you call ahead.
Editor's note: To date, users' biggest complaint about the iPhone has been activating it on AT&T's network. Thereupon, one-million activations might not correspond well with the actual number of phones sold.
- Podcast: Apple Watch try-on experience, new MacBook
- 1Password 5.4 for iOS brings Apple Watch support
- Reddit Infographic visually describe Apple Watch UI
- Andy Hertzfeld on latest Jobs biography
- OWC Envoy Pro mini brings up to 480GB on a USB 3.0 stick
- Apple sets June 8th for WWDC
- Apple releases ResearchKit medical research framework
- The Apple Watch store appointment experience
- Podcast: Picking an Apple Watch, 1Password OTP
- Apple Watch goes on pre-order Friday exclusively online
- Apple VP Ahrendts tells staff best way to buy Apple Watch
- 1Password for Mac 5.3 adds TOTP Password support
- Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection comings to iTunes
- HBO Now launches for iOS
- Apple offering employees up to 50% discount on Apple Watch at launch
- Apple Watch Guided Tours
- Podcast: Apple Watch Preview/Preorder, Steve Jobs Book + More
- Evernote makes scanning easier with auto detection
- Wired on the Apple Watch origins
- Amazon Dash Button
- Early Benchmarks at new Macbook
- Report: The how, the where, and the when for the Apple Watch ordering
- Apple retail tracking site ifoapplestore calls it quits
- Session with Becoming Steve Jobs authors available on iTunes
- MacBook's USB-C Connector, Meerkat, Super Troopers, + More
Browse and search for more articles