The mothership's iPhone at the Apple Store Retail web page indicates that only two retail locations—Pittsburgh (Shadyside) and Tigard, Oregon—have stock of the iPhone. Unless the company somehow magically manages to restock overnight—the day after a major US holiday—it's likely that the hot-selling handset will be completely unavailable just one week after its launch.
“In its first weekend we sold more iPhones than in the first month of any other wireless phone AT&T ever offered. That’s how good it’s been. We are simply not releasing figures,” an AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel is quoted as saying in an Xbit Labs write up.
Apple's iPhone launch partner likely sold through its stock of the device over the weekend.
To date, Apple's been mum on iPhone unit-sales figures and the possibility or timing of a restock. Analysts claim the company may have sold up to 700,000 units since launch.
Editor's note: In recent years, Apple's done well in meeting surging demand for both Macs and iPods, which has helped the company attain digital music dominance and restore its flagging computer market share.
With back-to-school and the holiday shopping seasons just around the corner, this isn't the time for them to trip-n-fall...
What's your take?
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
- LaCie expanded networked FUEL drive to 2TB
- Apple adjusting app pricing in some countries
- WD My Passport Pro RAID offers portable Thunderbolt storage w/o power
- Office comes to iPad, unlocks features for iPhone
- Twitter introduces photo tagging, multiple photo support
- Sonnet Tech introduces xMac Pro Server Thunderbolt PCI Rack
- OWC boosts Mac Pro memory to 128 GB
- Macfixit is no more
Browse and search for more articles