The mothership's iPhone at the Apple Store Retail web page indicates that only two retail locations—Pittsburgh (Shadyside) and Tigard, Oregon—have stock of the iPhone. Unless the company somehow magically manages to restock overnight—the day after a major US holiday—it's likely that the hot-selling handset will be completely unavailable just one week after its launch.
“In its first weekend we sold more iPhones than in the first month of any other wireless phone AT&T ever offered. That’s how good it’s been. We are simply not releasing figures,” an AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel is quoted as saying in an Xbit Labs write up.
Apple's iPhone launch partner likely sold through its stock of the device over the weekend.
To date, Apple's been mum on iPhone unit-sales figures and the possibility or timing of a restock. Analysts claim the company may have sold up to 700,000 units since launch.
Editor's note: In recent years, Apple's done well in meeting surging demand for both Macs and iPods, which has helped the company attain digital music dominance and restore its flagging computer market share.
With back-to-school and the holiday shopping seasons just around the corner, this isn't the time for them to trip-n-fall...
What's your take?
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
Browse and search for more articles