The mothership's iPhone at the Apple Store Retail web page indicates that only two retail locations—Pittsburgh (Shadyside) and Tigard, Oregon—have stock of the iPhone. Unless the company somehow magically manages to restock overnight—the day after a major US holiday—it's likely that the hot-selling handset will be completely unavailable just one week after its launch.
“In its first weekend we sold more iPhones than in the first month of any other wireless phone AT&T ever offered. That’s how good it’s been. We are simply not releasing figures,” an AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel is quoted as saying in an Xbit Labs write up.
Apple's iPhone launch partner likely sold through its stock of the device over the weekend.
To date, Apple's been mum on iPhone unit-sales figures and the possibility or timing of a restock. Analysts claim the company may have sold up to 700,000 units since launch.
Editor's note: In recent years, Apple's done well in meeting surging demand for both Macs and iPods, which has helped the company attain digital music dominance and restore its flagging computer market share.
With back-to-school and the holiday shopping seasons just around the corner, this isn't the time for them to trip-n-fall...
What's your take?
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
- Apple Pay sparks rift between merchants and credit cards
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
Browse and search for more articles