The mothership's iPhone at the Apple Store Retail web page indicates that only two retail locations—Pittsburgh (Shadyside) and Tigard, Oregon—have stock of the iPhone. Unless the company somehow magically manages to restock overnight—the day after a major US holiday—it's likely that the hot-selling handset will be completely unavailable just one week after its launch.
“In its first weekend we sold more iPhones than in the first month of any other wireless phone AT&T ever offered. That’s how good it’s been. We are simply not releasing figures,” an AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel is quoted as saying in an Xbit Labs write up.
Apple's iPhone launch partner likely sold through its stock of the device over the weekend.
To date, Apple's been mum on iPhone unit-sales figures and the possibility or timing of a restock. Analysts claim the company may have sold up to 700,000 units since launch.
Editor's note: In recent years, Apple's done well in meeting surging demand for both Macs and iPods, which has helped the company attain digital music dominance and restore its flagging computer market share.
With back-to-school and the holiday shopping seasons just around the corner, this isn't the time for them to trip-n-fall...
What's your take?
- Trans Intl announce performance 2 TB Tiger SSD
- Ken Segall on Apple Watch's killer app
- Video: FLIR One thermal camera w/ Lightning Connector for iOS (Second Generation)
- Second gen FLIR One thermal cam with Lightning connector now available
- Report: How free apps are changing ad-supported content
- iOS 9 looks to free up space for OS upgrades
- CarPlay coming to select 2016 Buick and GMC vehicles
- Apple changes course on Radio payments during trial
- Taylor Swift sounds off on Apple Music free trial
- Apple patches some issues with XARA exploit
- On Apple's accessibility push with iOS
- Snowden on Apple privacy initiatives
- Nice overview of new OS X and iOS vulnerabilities
- OS X/iOS flaws may make passwords vunerable
- Dark Sky weather app gets major update
- Adobe announces updates to Creative Cloud
- Instacast podcast player is discontinued
- Apple Pay to deliver 71.5%+ split to music owners
- Ars Technical looks at El Capitan
- Podcast: iOS 9, El Capitan, Apple Watch + More
- Apple’s Schiller talks about 16 GB on entry level devices
- OWC USB-C Dock goes on pre-order
- Apple Watch watchOS 2 announced with native apps
- iOS 9 announced with refinements and iPad features
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan announced
Browse and search for more articles