The mothership's iPhone at the Apple Store Retail web page indicates that only two retail locations—Pittsburgh (Shadyside) and Tigard, Oregon—have stock of the iPhone. Unless the company somehow magically manages to restock overnight—the day after a major US holiday—it's likely that the hot-selling handset will be completely unavailable just one week after its launch.
“In its first weekend we sold more iPhones than in the first month of any other wireless phone AT&T ever offered. That’s how good it’s been. We are simply not releasing figures,” an AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel is quoted as saying in an Xbit Labs write up.
Apple's iPhone launch partner likely sold through its stock of the device over the weekend.
To date, Apple's been mum on iPhone unit-sales figures and the possibility or timing of a restock. Analysts claim the company may have sold up to 700,000 units since launch.
Editor's note: In recent years, Apple's done well in meeting surging demand for both Macs and iPods, which has helped the company attain digital music dominance and restore its flagging computer market share.
With back-to-school and the holiday shopping seasons just around the corner, this isn't the time for them to trip-n-fall...
What's your take?
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
Browse and search for more articles