In a rather tawdry attempt to score some hits and sell some magazines, PCPro has published an article listing 32 reasons why PCs are 'better' than Macs.
PCPro is also in the same publishing stable as MacUser, which, interestingly, doesn't mention what its brethren is up to in its latest web missive, despite PCPro loudly proclaiming that they've set up a Podcast (yes, the irony) so PCPro and MacUser readers can 'slug it out'.
The reasons for the PC's 'greatness'? More games, apps, cheaper to support (gasp!), faster, more environmentally friendly, easier to upgrade and more up-to-date.
"Weíre here to provide a defence against the tidal wave of Apple propaganda," says Tim Danton, editor of PC Pro. "PCs have numerous advantages over Macs for both consumers and businesses, but thatís hardly surprising when you consider that Apple recently admitted itís more concerned with fine-tuning its iPhone than working on its latest operating system."
A measured, articulate response can be found here.
Analysis: The oddest thing is that Macs are PCs and can be used as Windows machines, if desired. But how one can completely understate the extent of the virus/malware problem on Windows is beyond us.
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcastís internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
Browse and search for more articles