In a rather tawdry attempt to score some hits and sell some magazines, PCPro has published an article listing 32 reasons why PCs are 'better' than Macs.
PCPro is also in the same publishing stable as MacUser, which, interestingly, doesn't mention what its brethren is up to in its latest web missive, despite PCPro loudly proclaiming that they've set up a Podcast (yes, the irony) so PCPro and MacUser readers can 'slug it out'.
The reasons for the PC's 'greatness'? More games, apps, cheaper to support (gasp!), faster, more environmentally friendly, easier to upgrade and more up-to-date.
"Weíre here to provide a defence against the tidal wave of Apple propaganda," says Tim Danton, editor of PC Pro. "PCs have numerous advantages over Macs for both consumers and businesses, but thatís hardly surprising when you consider that Apple recently admitted itís more concerned with fine-tuning its iPhone than working on its latest operating system."
A measured, articulate response can be found here.
Analysis: The oddest thing is that Macs are PCs and can be used as Windows machines, if desired. But how one can completely understate the extent of the virus/malware problem on Windows is beyond us.
- Speed tests on MacBook Pro SSD speeds
- Apple Watch OS 1.0.1 Released
- Apple TV set reported abandoned
- MacBook Pro gains Force Touch, iMac 5K gets new pricing
- Video: How to sign/encrypt email using OS X Mail and a secure certificate authority CA
- LifeProof ships water-proof battery backup case
- Apple Watch lacks anti-theft security
- iGrill thermometer comes to the Apple Watch
- Apple Pay chipping away at Walmart backed CurrentC
- Safari on the Apple Watch
- Vulnerability found with MacKeeper
- Mac App Store sales
- Reserve Strap and the secret Apple Watch plug
- Apple Watch Review Diary: UX, odds and ends
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Battery: First Full Week
- Podcast: Thoughts on the Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Notifications
- Apple's supply chain and the defective taptic engine part
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Fitness Features/Tracker
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Productivity Apps: OmniFocus, Trello, Evernote IFTTT
- Tattoos and Apple Watches may not mix
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Making/Receiving Phone Calls
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Siri
- Apple Watch Review Diary - Maps/Navigation
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Controls
Browse and search for more articles