In a rather tawdry attempt to score some hits and sell some magazines, PCPro has published an article listing 32 reasons why PCs are 'better' than Macs.
PCPro is also in the same publishing stable as MacUser, which, interestingly, doesn't mention what its brethren is up to in its latest web missive, despite PCPro loudly proclaiming that they've set up a Podcast (yes, the irony) so PCPro and MacUser readers can 'slug it out'.
The reasons for the PC's 'greatness'? More games, apps, cheaper to support (gasp!), faster, more environmentally friendly, easier to upgrade and more up-to-date.
"We’re here to provide a defence against the tidal wave of Apple propaganda," says Tim Danton, editor of PC Pro. "PCs have numerous advantages over Macs for both consumers and businesses, but that’s hardly surprising when you consider that Apple recently admitted it’s more concerned with fine-tuning its iPhone than working on its latest operating system."
A measured, articulate response can be found here.
Analysis: The oddest thing is that Macs are PCs and can be used as Windows machines, if desired. But how one can completely understate the extent of the virus/malware problem on Windows is beyond us.
- Apple opens OS X betas to everyone
- Apple patches triple handshake, other vulnerabilities
- Apple TV ad Powerful shows off iPhone 5s prowess
- 1Password gets significant updates to iOS, OS X
- Proposed Thunderbolt standard promises to support dual 4K displays
- A&E, The History Channel, and Lifetime channels now available on Apple TV
- Apple touts environmental efforts for Earth Day
- Report: Nike looks to get out of fitness tracker game
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
Browse and search for more articles