In a rather tawdry attempt to score some hits and sell some magazines, PCPro has published an article listing 32 reasons why PCs are 'better' than Macs.
PCPro is also in the same publishing stable as MacUser, which, interestingly, doesn't mention what its brethren is up to in its latest web missive, despite PCPro loudly proclaiming that they've set up a Podcast (yes, the irony) so PCPro and MacUser readers can 'slug it out'.
The reasons for the PC's 'greatness'? More games, apps, cheaper to support (gasp!), faster, more environmentally friendly, easier to upgrade and more up-to-date.
"Weíre here to provide a defence against the tidal wave of Apple propaganda," says Tim Danton, editor of PC Pro. "PCs have numerous advantages over Macs for both consumers and businesses, but thatís hardly surprising when you consider that Apple recently admitted itís more concerned with fine-tuning its iPhone than working on its latest operating system."
A measured, articulate response can be found here.
Analysis: The oddest thing is that Macs are PCs and can be used as Windows machines, if desired. But how one can completely understate the extent of the virus/malware problem on Windows is beyond us.
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
- LaCie expanded networked FUEL drive to 2TB
- Apple adjusting app pricing in some countries
- WD My Passport Pro RAID offers portable Thunderbolt storage w/o power
- Office comes to iPad, unlocks features for iPhone
- Twitter introduces photo tagging, multiple photo support
- Sonnet Tech introduces xMac Pro Server Thunderbolt PCI Rack
- OWC boosts Mac Pro memory to 128 GB
- Macfixit is no more
- Fantastical coming to iPad
- Interview reflects on iPhone launch
Browse and search for more articles