In a rather tawdry attempt to score some hits and sell some magazines, PCPro has published an article listing 32 reasons why PCs are 'better' than Macs.
PCPro is also in the same publishing stable as MacUser, which, interestingly, doesn't mention what its brethren is up to in its latest web missive, despite PCPro loudly proclaiming that they've set up a Podcast (yes, the irony) so PCPro and MacUser readers can 'slug it out'.
The reasons for the PC's 'greatness'? More games, apps, cheaper to support (gasp!), faster, more environmentally friendly, easier to upgrade and more up-to-date.
"We’re here to provide a defence against the tidal wave of Apple propaganda," says Tim Danton, editor of PC Pro. "PCs have numerous advantages over Macs for both consumers and businesses, but that’s hardly surprising when you consider that Apple recently admitted it’s more concerned with fine-tuning its iPhone than working on its latest operating system."
A measured, articulate response can be found here.
Analysis: The oddest thing is that Macs are PCs and can be used as Windows machines, if desired. But how one can completely understate the extent of the virus/malware problem on Windows is beyond us.
- iTunes Radio usage passes Spotify and Google Play
- iOS 7.1 makes iPhone 4 tolerable
- Nice video overview iOS 7 UI changes
- Evernote launches Pebble app
- Wello iPhone case delivers suite of biometric readings
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
Browse and search for more articles