Martin Stein's Blog is carrying a Die Welt interview with Steve Balmer. The piece begins with this telling exchange:
Die WELT: But couldn't you just buy a Mac without hesitation since Apple opened up their machines for Windows?
Ballmer: No, we prefer real PCs.
He also shares his thoughts on the unoriginal iPod:
Apple didn't invent anything new. They just combined existing technologies in a smart way. They succeeded to create a nice package which bundles Music services, devices and software.
Of course, whenever considering anything Balmer says, it's best to keep things in the proper perspective, which includes both earlier performances and how much money he gets paid.
Then again, it's hard to argue with the phrase "owns 90-plus percent of the market."
What's your take?
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
- Detailed look at iOS 8 Privacy
- IBM's Watson in the kitchen
- Apple rolls out Back to School Promo
- Apple may be rolling out two-factor verification for iCloud
- Apple revamps iTunes U for better iPad integration
- Apple ends Aperture
- New Parenthood iPhone 5s ad features apps with kids
- Apple updates lowest end iPod touch, trims prices
- Apple’s focus on the customer
- Dropbox app looks to streamline desktop setup
- Apple TV adds on ABC News, PBS Kids, AOL On
- A look inside Dropbox's new HQ
- Apple TV and HomeKit possibilities
- T-Mobile offers unlimited iTunes Radio streaming
- Podcast: Low end iMac, Podcast App, Amazon Phone + More
- Apple introduces new lower end iMac
- Nest Protect once again on sale
Browse and search for more articles