Martin Stein's Blog is carrying a Die Welt interview with Steve Balmer. The piece begins with this telling exchange:
Die WELT: But couldn't you just buy a Mac without hesitation since Apple opened up their machines for Windows?
Ballmer: No, we prefer real PCs.
He also shares his thoughts on the unoriginal iPod:
Apple didn't invent anything new. They just combined existing technologies in a smart way. They succeeded to create a nice package which bundles Music services, devices and software.
Of course, whenever considering anything Balmer says, it's best to keep things in the proper perspective, which includes both earlier performances and how much money he gets paid.
Then again, it's hard to argue with the phrase "owns 90-plus percent of the market."
What's your take?
- Report: Apple Watch battery life may be around 19 hours
- Twitter launches recap feature
- Rogue Amoeba Audio Hijack get major overhaul
- Khan Academy brings lessons to iPad
- Evernote Scannable App
- Podcast: CES wrap-up of gadgets, ho or no adventures and more
- Looking at Flickr camera ownership for 2014
- iOS 8 beta previews Apple Watch companion app
- Lifeproof LiveActiv Battery Backup Case and Smart Mounting System - CES 2015
- USB 3.1 storage from Other World Computing - CES 2015
- ScanSnap ix100 portable/mobile scanner - CES 2015
- WEMO Zigbee products for doors, windows, smoke detectors, keychains, and more - CES 2015
- FLIR One thermal camera for iOS w/ Lightning Connector- CES 2015
- iDevices Switch offers iOS 8 HomeKit compatibility - CES 2015
- Upcoming Transwarp from OWC brings better than Fusion Drive to older Macs0 CES 2015
- Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide Cooker - CES 2015
- Mountie from Ten 1 Design mounts your tablet to your display - CES 2015
- iPin Laser pointer and iPin BTtogo presentation gadgets for iPhone - CES 2015
- Griffin Reversible USB cable in iPhone colors - CES 2015
- Griffin iTrip AUX Bluetooth and iTrip AUX AutoPilot for cars - CES 2015
- NuMount VESA adapter announced for newer iMacs
- The Interview now available on iTunes
- Video: Anti-Gravity XP-1 battery jumps your car, charges your devices
- OS X Automated Security Update
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
Browse and search for more articles