AppleInsider reports on the features and fixes in the soon-to-be-released iTunes 4.8. With both Real and DVD Jon offering iTunes hacks, it comes as no surprise that v4.8 will offer "security enhancements," though AI doesn't mention either of the aforementioned cockleburs by name.
Additional features are said to include: Support for new international stores, and the ability to sync iCal and Address records directly inside iTunes. Previously, the latter functionality was handled by iSync.
Editor's note: Apple should offer a version of iTunes for Linux. It would make a fine "gateway drug" for bringing more people to the fairer platform and allow DVD Jon et al to move on to other things, as well as keep Apple and its closed-shop ways out of the news...
What's your take?
- Trans Intl announce performance 2 TB Tiger SSD
- Ken Segall on Apple Watch's killer app
- Video: FLIR One thermal camera w/ Lightning Connector for iOS (Second Generation)
- Second gen FLIR One thermal cam with Lightning connector now available
- Report: How free apps are changing ad-supported content
- iOS 9 looks to free up space for OS upgrades
- CarPlay coming to select 2016 Buick and GMC vehicles
- Apple changes course on Radio payments during trial
- Taylor Swift sounds off on Apple Music free trial
- Apple patches some issues with XARA exploit
- On Apple's accessibility push with iOS
- Snowden on Apple privacy initiatives
- Nice overview of new OS X and iOS vulnerabilities
- OS X/iOS flaws may make passwords vunerable
- Dark Sky weather app gets major update
- Adobe announces updates to Creative Cloud
- Instacast podcast player is discontinued
- Apple Pay to deliver 71.5%+ split to music owners
- Ars Technical looks at El Capitan
- Podcast: iOS 9, El Capitan, Apple Watch + More
- Apple’s Schiller talks about 16 GB on entry level devices
- OWC USB-C Dock goes on pre-order
- Apple Watch watchOS 2 announced with native apps
- iOS 9 announced with refinements and iPad features
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan announced
Browse and search for more articles