AppleInsider reports on the features and fixes in the soon-to-be-released iTunes 4.8. With both Real and DVD Jon offering iTunes hacks, it comes as no surprise that v4.8 will offer "security enhancements," though AI doesn't mention either of the aforementioned cockleburs by name.
Additional features are said to include: Support for new international stores, and the ability to sync iCal and Address records directly inside iTunes. Previously, the latter functionality was handled by iSync.
Editor's note: Apple should offer a version of iTunes for Linux. It would make a fine "gateway drug" for bringing more people to the fairer platform and allow DVD Jon et al to move on to other things, as well as keep Apple and its closed-shop ways out of the news...
What's your take?
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
Browse and search for more articles