AppleInsider reports on the features and fixes in the soon-to-be-released iTunes 4.8. With both Real and DVD Jon offering iTunes hacks, it comes as no surprise that v4.8 will offer "security enhancements," though AI doesn't mention either of the aforementioned cockleburs by name.
Additional features are said to include: Support for new international stores, and the ability to sync iCal and Address records directly inside iTunes. Previously, the latter functionality was handled by iSync.
Editor's note: Apple should offer a version of iTunes for Linux. It would make a fine "gateway drug" for bringing more people to the fairer platform and allow DVD Jon et al to move on to other things, as well as keep Apple and its closed-shop ways out of the news...
What's your take?
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles