AppleInsider reports on the features and fixes in the soon-to-be-released iTunes 4.8. With both Real and DVD Jon offering iTunes hacks, it comes as no surprise that v4.8 will offer "security enhancements," though AI doesn't mention either of the aforementioned cockleburs by name.
Additional features are said to include: Support for new international stores, and the ability to sync iCal and Address records directly inside iTunes. Previously, the latter functionality was handled by iSync.
Editor's note: Apple should offer a version of iTunes for Linux. It would make a fine "gateway drug" for bringing more people to the fairer platform and allow DVD Jon et al to move on to other things, as well as keep Apple and its closed-shop ways out of the news...
What's your take?
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
- Detailed look at iOS 8 Privacy
- IBM's Watson in the kitchen
- Apple rolls out Back to School Promo
- Apple may be rolling out two-factor verification for iCloud
- Apple revamps iTunes U for better iPad integration
- Apple ends Aperture
- New Parenthood iPhone 5s ad features apps with kids
- Apple updates lowest end iPod touch, trims prices
- Apple’s focus on the customer
- Dropbox app looks to streamline desktop setup
- Apple TV adds on ABC News, PBS Kids, AOL On
- A look inside Dropbox's new HQ
- Apple TV and HomeKit possibilities
- T-Mobile offers unlimited iTunes Radio streaming
- Podcast: Low end iMac, Podcast App, Amazon Phone + More
- Apple introduces new lower end iMac
- Nest Protect once again on sale
Browse and search for more articles