AppleInsider reports on the features and fixes in the soon-to-be-released iTunes 4.8. With both Real and DVD Jon offering iTunes hacks, it comes as no surprise that v4.8 will offer "security enhancements," though AI doesn't mention either of the aforementioned cockleburs by name.
Additional features are said to include: Support for new international stores, and the ability to sync iCal and Address records directly inside iTunes. Previously, the latter functionality was handled by iSync.
Editor's note: Apple should offer a version of iTunes for Linux. It would make a fine "gateway drug" for bringing more people to the fairer platform and allow DVD Jon et al to move on to other things, as well as keep Apple and its closed-shop ways out of the news...
What's your take?
- Walk through video on upgrading Mac Pro CPU
- Podcast: iPhone 6 rumors, CarPlay, Titanfall (#107)
- New app aims to get you out of awkward situations
- Hackintosh: Updating to OS X 10.9.2 + Tips (#21)
- Twelve South announces SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Apple-Tesla battery connection
- Report: Mobile Internet access passes desktop
- Random Steve Jobs stories
- Apple rebrands iOS in the Car as CarPlay
- Video: Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Pocket Knife
- Podcast: Apple's security issue, XBox One grievances + dashboard update
- David Fincher may direct Jobs movie
- FCC Launches iOS broadband survey tester/tool
- OS X security update now available
- Hackintosh Series: Haswell OS X Install and Config + Tips (#20)
- Tips for securing your Mac and data from theft
- Tainted Love backed up by floppy drives
- On the delay updating OS X on gotofail
- Apple’s gotofail security gap extends to OS X
- Trailer for Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley
- Video: Hackintosh Series: BIOS Setup (#19)
- Comcast and Netflix work out a deal
- Steve Jobs to be on postage stamp
- iTunes Festival at SXSW
- Element Case adds iPad Air Soft-Tec Folio case
Browse and search for more articles