PowerPage.org, a website already in deep doo-doo for outing Apple secrets, is dripping details of a "mini pocketop" computer said to be brewing somewhere deep in the bowels of Apple's 1 Infinite Loop Cupertino HQ. This so-called blogsite—whose pages are covered with paid advertisements and have been since long before "blogger" was a word—reports the following:
Deep in the Apple cave these slim little mini pocketops are doing the rounds and getting a lot of great feedback. Sources who claim to have see one have commented that an internal-planning spec details that the new machine runs a stripped-down flavour of Mac OS X. We're told that it will finally utilize Apple's Inkwell technology to "write anywhere" and neatly fold into your pocket - rather like an enlarged Motorola RAZR V3 mobile phone with a keyboard.
Assuming the above information is anywhere near the mark, Apple's previous disavowals of plans to release a PDA/palmtop computer would appear to have transmogrified into a "new," hybrid device.
Possible? Probable? What's your take?
Plug—Three cheers for PowerPage and it undiminished drive to stay at the forefront of Mac journalism.
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
Browse and search for more articles