PowerPage.org, a website already in deep doo-doo for outing Apple secrets, is dripping details of a "mini pocketop" computer said to be brewing somewhere deep in the bowels of Apple's 1 Infinite Loop Cupertino HQ. This so-called blogsite—whose pages are covered with paid advertisements and have been since long before "blogger" was a word—reports the following:
Deep in the Apple cave these slim little mini pocketops are doing the rounds and getting a lot of great feedback. Sources who claim to have see one have commented that an internal-planning spec details that the new machine runs a stripped-down flavour of Mac OS X. We're told that it will finally utilize Apple's Inkwell technology to "write anywhere" and neatly fold into your pocket - rather like an enlarged Motorola RAZR V3 mobile phone with a keyboard.
Assuming the above information is anywhere near the mark, Apple's previous disavowals of plans to release a PDA/palmtop computer would appear to have transmogrified into a "new," hybrid device.
Possible? Probable? What's your take?
Plug—Three cheers for PowerPage and it undiminished drive to stay at the forefront of Mac journalism.
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
Browse and search for more articles