PowerPage.org, a website already in deep doo-doo for outing Apple secrets, is dripping details of a "mini pocketop" computer said to be brewing somewhere deep in the bowels of Apple's 1 Infinite Loop Cupertino HQ. This so-called blogsite—whose pages are covered with paid advertisements and have been since long before "blogger" was a word—reports the following:
Deep in the Apple cave these slim little mini pocketops are doing the rounds and getting a lot of great feedback. Sources who claim to have see one have commented that an internal-planning spec details that the new machine runs a stripped-down flavour of Mac OS X. We're told that it will finally utilize Apple's Inkwell technology to "write anywhere" and neatly fold into your pocket - rather like an enlarged Motorola RAZR V3 mobile phone with a keyboard.
Assuming the above information is anywhere near the mark, Apple's previous disavowals of plans to release a PDA/palmtop computer would appear to have transmogrified into a "new," hybrid device.
Possible? Probable? What's your take?
Plug—Three cheers for PowerPage and it undiminished drive to stay at the forefront of Mac journalism.
- Steve Jobs bio heads to paperback w/ updated cover, afterword
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps
- Podcast: iOS 7, Mavericks, Mac Pro, iTunes Radio + More
- Microsoft Office now on iPhone, but only for 365 subscribers
- iOS 7's new look
- Video - Breaking down the new Apple Mac Pro
- Video - Breaking down the 2013 MacBook Air
- OS X Mavericks' power saving magic
- New MacBook Air benchmarks prove it's all about the battery
- Apple posts two new ads shown at WWDC
- 2013 WWDC keynote video now posted
- iOS 7 gets major UX overhaul
- Apple previews next Mac Pro, but who will buy?
- iTunes Radio brings free streaming music to iOS/iTunes
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks announced
- Apple updates MacBook Air with new battery, GPU performance
- AT&T to enforce full two-year upgrade cycle
- WWDC keynote to be streamed
- Adobe Lightroom 5 now available via Creative Cloud, stand-alone
- Apple rumored to be close to Internet radio service
- VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer (Video)
- Eye-Fi Mobi transmits camera pics to iOS
- AirDrop coming to iOS 7?
- Apple may be planning an ad exchange system
- Podcast: Tim Cook, Retro Gaming, WWDC, Arrested Development
Browse and search for more articles