This new blog will bring you a behind-the-scenes look into the design of the Swift language by the engineers who created it, in addition to the latest news and hints to turn you into a productive Swift programmer.
Apple is not know for blogging about anything, much less “behind-the-scenes” stuff. This is a pretty interesting outreach effort to get developers interested in Apple’s new programming language. The blog is a part of a larger public site on Apple’s developer website.
Swift was announced at WWDC this year as a new system for developing apps for iOS and OS X.
It will be interesting to see future posts, but I’ll guess this might be geared more towards new or casual Apple developers. From the reaction at WWDC, current developers for the most part seem eager to jump on board.
- Podcast: TV/Movie Reboots, Apple makes some money, IBM, CoD
- Microsoft rolls out new Outlook app for iOS
- Otterbox ships Resurgence battery backup case for iPhone 6
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch in April
- Apple’s Q1 Earnings
- 1Password gets update on Mac, iOS
- Cringely on IBM's massive restructuring
- Report: Apple Watch battery life may be around 19 hours
- Twitter launches recap feature
- Rogue Amoeba Audio Hijack get major overhaul
- Khan Academy brings lessons to iPad
- Evernote Scannable App
- Podcast: CES wrap-up of gadgets, ho or no adventures and more
- Looking at Flickr camera ownership for 2014
- iOS 8 beta previews Apple Watch companion app
- Lifeproof LiveActiv Battery Backup Case and Smart Mounting System - CES 2015
- USB 3.1 storage from Other World Computing - CES 2015
- ScanSnap ix100 portable/mobile scanner - CES 2015
- WEMO Zigbee products for doors, windows, smoke detectors, keychains, and more - CES 2015
- FLIR One thermal camera for iOS w/ Lightning Connector- CES 2015
- iDevices Switch offers iOS 8 HomeKit compatibility - CES 2015
- Upcoming Transwarp from OWC brings better than Fusion Drive to older Macs0 CES 2015
- Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide Cooker - CES 2015
- Mountie from Ten 1 Design mounts your tablet to your display - CES 2015
- iPin Laser pointer and iPin BTtogo presentation gadgets for iPhone - CES 2015
Browse and search for more articles