Apple has posted a streaming event page for next weekís WWDC announcement. It takes place at 10 AM Pacific on June 2nd.
Iím alway curious about events Apple streams or not streams. They streamed 2013 WWDC, although it was announced just hours before the event. 2012 had no live stream. I donít remember there being one for 2011 either. Apple obviously has the ability to do this, and in fact is a nice showcase of its technology and content delivery platform.
I might be cynical, but I suspect itís about exclusive access as a way to drum up hype and coverage. For the first time this year Apple used a lottery to pick attendees, which is usually the best way to ensure you get a seat. The only other way is to be on Apple nice list and get a media pass.
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles