Apple has posted a streaming event page for next weekís WWDC announcement. It takes place at 10 AM Pacific on June 2nd.
Iím alway curious about events Apple streams or not streams. They streamed 2013 WWDC, although it was announced just hours before the event. 2012 had no live stream. I donít remember there being one for 2011 either. Apple obviously has the ability to do this, and in fact is a nice showcase of its technology and content delivery platform.
I might be cynical, but I suspect itís about exclusive access as a way to drum up hype and coverage. For the first time this year Apple used a lottery to pick attendees, which is usually the best way to ensure you get a seat. The only other way is to be on Apple nice list and get a media pass.
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
- Thoughts on iPhone sizes
- Apple TV and HomeKit
- iPhone lines and the black market
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
Browse and search for more articles