Apple has posted a streaming event page for next weekís WWDC announcement. It takes place at 10 AM Pacific on June 2nd.
Iím alway curious about events Apple streams or not streams. They streamed 2013 WWDC, although it was announced just hours before the event. 2012 had no live stream. I donít remember there being one for 2011 either. Apple obviously has the ability to do this, and in fact is a nice showcase of its technology and content delivery platform.
I might be cynical, but I suspect itís about exclusive access as a way to drum up hype and coverage. For the first time this year Apple used a lottery to pick attendees, which is usually the best way to ensure you get a seat. The only other way is to be on Apple nice list and get a media pass.
- Amazon Dash Button
- Early Benchmarks at new Macbook
- Report: The how, the where, and the when for the Apple Watch ordering
- Apple retail tracking site ifoapplestore calls it quits
- Session with Becoming Steve Jobs authors available on iTunes
- MacBook's USB-C Connector, Meerkat, Super Troopers, + More
- TED comes to Apple TV
- Agile Bits on passwords and security theater
- Fitbit to add multiple tracker support
- Report: Major Apple TV update, app store expected
- ABC News gets tour of Apple health and fitness lab
- Haptic touchpad on new MacBook Pro
- Tim Cook on internal collaboration and the customer experience
- Report: Apple TV subscription service expected this fall
- Want to live above an Apple Store?
- New movie: Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine
- Confusion over the MacBook's USB-C port
- Podcast: The Apple Watch
- Griffen WatchStand announced for Apple Watch
- Waterfield Designs Time Travel case for the Apple Watch
- The Apple Watch
- New MacBook comes in smaller, lighter than MacBook Air
- HBO Now official announced for Apple devices
- Reserve Strap battery backup for Apple Watch
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
Browse and search for more articles