Apple has posted a streaming event page for next weekís WWDC announcement. It takes place at 10 AM Pacific on June 2nd.
Iím alway curious about events Apple streams or not streams. They streamed 2013 WWDC, although it was announced just hours before the event. 2012 had no live stream. I donít remember there being one for 2011 either. Apple obviously has the ability to do this, and in fact is a nice showcase of its technology and content delivery platform.
I might be cynical, but I suspect itís about exclusive access as a way to drum up hype and coverage. For the first time this year Apple used a lottery to pick attendees, which is usually the best way to ensure you get a seat. The only other way is to be on Apple nice list and get a media pass.
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Appleís Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
Browse and search for more articles