Apple Tuesday updated its MacBook Air lineup for a new Haswell CPU. The new processor give the entry model a minor bump in speed from 1.3 GHz dual-core i5 to 1.4 GHz. The top end build-to-order option remains at 1.7 GHz dual-core i7 CPU.
Other noteworthy change is apparently iTunes playback has been increased by 1 hour rating on the 11-inch and 2 hours on the 13-inch. I’d guess this is more about iTunes than hardware, however, as other ratings remain the same.
More significant is the entire lineup got a $100 price cut.
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
- Apple Mystery Van spotted in Bay Area
- Apple to convert sapphire glass factory to data center command center
- Newer Tech replacement batteries for older unibody MacBooks
- McCracken on TUAW shutting down
Browse and search for more articles