Transend announced an SSD upgrade kit Apple’s newer laptops. The kit includes a new SSD blade, tools, and external case for your old storage. The idea is you can swap out the SSD blade and use the old as external storage.
The JetDrive 500 is available in 240 and 480 GB versions and is compatible with the 2010 and 2011 MacBook Air. The JetDrive 520 comes in 240GB/480GB/960GB versions and works in the 2012 MacBook Air. The JetDrive 720 also comes in 240GB/480GB/960GB sizes and works in the 2012/2013, MacBookBook Pro w/ Retina laptops.
Pricing starts out at $190 and the uber 960GB will set you back $600.
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
- Thoughts on iPhone sizes
- Apple TV and HomeKit
- iPhone lines and the black market
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
Browse and search for more articles