For example, for the last few months Iíve been using a combination of Flickr, IFTTT and Instagram to create an Apple TV screen saver that cycles through images that I have liked on Instagram and it is far better than seeing the same old National Geographic photos (as great as they are) over and over again.
Cool idea. Basically you can link multiple photo sources to Flickr using IFTTT, and then link that Flickr account to Apple TV as a source for screen saver photos. Right now I use iCloud Photo Stream which basically serves the same job, but my photo stream is polluted with a lot of random stuff. Everything from a product label I wanted to remember to food porn to random photos and screen shots credited to my kids playing with my phone. Using this combo you can have greater control over that screen saver. Neat.
More details at Mac Stories.
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
- Thoughts on iPhone sizes
- Apple TV and HomeKit
- iPhone lines and the black market
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
Browse and search for more articles