Kanex is teasing a couple new Thunderbolt adapters. Both adapters add on a USB 3.0 port in addition to Ethernet and eSATA. Similar to Apple’s Gigabit Ethernet adapter, the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet + USB 3.0 adapter allows Ethernet connectivity via Thunderbolt. The second is the Thunderbolt to eSATA + USB 3.0, which lets you add on an external SATA device via Thunderbolt.
The later seems particularly useful, although you can get USB 3.0 to eSATA. The big advantage here seems to be the added throughput speeds of Thunderbolt, plus adding on that extra USB 3.0 port for additional gear. These would seem particularly handy for MacBook Air which only ship with USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt ports.
Both devices are expected to ship later this summer. No pricing is currently available.
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
- Thoughts on iPhone sizes
- Apple TV and HomeKit
- iPhone lines and the black market
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
Browse and search for more articles