Kanex is teasing a couple new Thunderbolt adapters. Both adapters add on a USB 3.0 port in addition to Ethernet and eSATA. Similar to Apple’s Gigabit Ethernet adapter, the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet + USB 3.0 adapter allows Ethernet connectivity via Thunderbolt. The second is the Thunderbolt to eSATA + USB 3.0, which lets you add on an external SATA device via Thunderbolt.
The later seems particularly useful, although you can get USB 3.0 to eSATA. The big advantage here seems to be the added throughput speeds of Thunderbolt, plus adding on that extra USB 3.0 port for additional gear. These would seem particularly handy for MacBook Air which only ship with USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt ports.
Both devices are expected to ship later this summer. No pricing is currently available.
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles