Quantified health is a booming sector for mobile. Gadgets, software, and gizmos to measure activity and health was one of the big themes this year at CES. Wello is an iPhone case with a an array of sensors to give a snapshot of your body’s vitals. Heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygen, respiration, temperature, and other measurements. What’s really cool is it will sync with other fitness gadgets. No specifics on that are given, but likely the apps that currently talk together with an open format will be supported.
The case should hold a charge for two months, although I’d guess that would depend on how frequently it’s used.
The concept looks interesting. The idea of putting it on a phone case means you’ve got it where ever you’re at, which will mean you’ll be more likely to check your vitals. As an instrument though, I might prefer it as a Bluetooth device that wouldn’t lock me into a specific phone or require me to put it on as a case when I wanted to use it.
Wello is available now for pre-order for $199.
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
- Detailed look at iOS 8 Privacy
- IBM's Watson in the kitchen
- Apple rolls out Back to School Promo
- Apple may be rolling out two-factor verification for iCloud
- Apple revamps iTunes U for better iPad integration
- Apple ends Aperture
- New Parenthood iPhone 5s ad features apps with kids
- Apple updates lowest end iPod touch, trims prices
- Apple’s focus on the customer
- Dropbox app looks to streamline desktop setup
- Apple TV adds on ABC News, PBS Kids, AOL On
- A look inside Dropbox's new HQ
- Apple TV and HomeKit possibilities
Browse and search for more articles