Quantified health is a booming sector for mobile. Gadgets, software, and gizmos to measure activity and health was one of the big themes this year at CES. Wello is an iPhone case with a an array of sensors to give a snapshot of your body’s vitals. Heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygen, respiration, temperature, and other measurements. What’s really cool is it will sync with other fitness gadgets. No specifics on that are given, but likely the apps that currently talk together with an open format will be supported.
The case should hold a charge for two months, although I’d guess that would depend on how frequently it’s used.
The concept looks interesting. The idea of putting it on a phone case means you’ve got it where ever you’re at, which will mean you’ll be more likely to check your vitals. As an instrument though, I might prefer it as a Bluetooth device that wouldn’t lock me into a specific phone or require me to put it on as a case when I wanted to use it.
Wello is available now for pre-order for $199.
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
Browse and search for more articles