Quantified health is a booming sector for mobile. Gadgets, software, and gizmos to measure activity and health was one of the big themes this year at CES. Wello is an iPhone case with a an array of sensors to give a snapshot of your body’s vitals. Heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygen, respiration, temperature, and other measurements. What’s really cool is it will sync with other fitness gadgets. No specifics on that are given, but likely the apps that currently talk together with an open format will be supported.
The case should hold a charge for two months, although I’d guess that would depend on how frequently it’s used.
The concept looks interesting. The idea of putting it on a phone case means you’ve got it where ever you’re at, which will mean you’ll be more likely to check your vitals. As an instrument though, I might prefer it as a Bluetooth device that wouldn’t lock me into a specific phone or require me to put it on as a case when I wanted to use it.
Wello is available now for pre-order for $199.
- Showtime now available without cable
- Apple extending reach w/ third-party cases
- Interesting info on how Apple Music likes work
- Trans Intl announce performance 2 TB Tiger SSD
- Ken Segall on Apple Watch's killer app
- Video: FLIR One thermal camera w/ Lightning Connector for iOS (Second Generation)
- Second gen FLIR One thermal cam with Lightning connector now available
- Report: How free apps are changing ad-supported content
- iOS 9 looks to free up space for OS upgrades
- CarPlay coming to select 2016 Buick and GMC vehicles
- Apple changes course on Radio payments during trial
- Taylor Swift sounds off on Apple Music free trial
- Apple patches some issues with XARA exploit
- On Apple's accessibility push with iOS
- Snowden on Apple privacy initiatives
- Nice overview of new OS X and iOS vulnerabilities
- OS X/iOS flaws may make passwords vunerable
- Dark Sky weather app gets major update
- Adobe announces updates to Creative Cloud
- Instacast podcast player is discontinued
- Apple Pay to deliver 71.5%+ split to music owners
- Ars Technical looks at El Capitan
- Podcast: iOS 9, El Capitan, Apple Watch + More
- Apple’s Schiller talks about 16 GB on entry level devices
- OWC USB-C Dock goes on pre-order
Browse and search for more articles