Other World Computing has a detailed walk through video for upgrading the Mac Pro CPU.The process is involved, but doesn’t look anything too tricky beyond lots of steps. Considering the cost of the components, you’ll definitely want to feel comfortable in the procedure.
The advantage here is if you buy a lower-end Mac Pro there’s a path for upgrading. Also in the future there may be a path for next generation upgrades, as long as they match the FCLGA2011 socket.
OWC sells Xeon upgrades with prices starting at $1249 for an 8 core 2.6 GHz CPu and $2927 for a 12 core 2.7 GHz model.
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
- Thoughts on iPhone sizes
- Apple TV and HomeKit
- iPhone lines and the black market
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
Browse and search for more articles