9 to 5 Mac reports on a found screenshot of Apple’s in-car system for iOS. The info came from a developer who apparently managed to unlock the hidden feature. The car interface was highlighted as a new feature of iOS 7 and is currently promoted on Apple’s product page. It’s yet to ship, but that may change with the pending iOS 7.1 release.
Besides the news that a developer was able to activate iOS in the Car before launch, the design shown in the images (above and below) show a user-interface that is strikingly different to the one shown at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference in 2013 and on Apple’s website.
iOS in the Car essentially allows your iOS device to interface with a compatible on-board computer. You can access iOS functions from from the car’s in-dash display and controls.
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
Browse and search for more articles