Les Posen on Keynote 6:
Indeed, some expected they could open their existing and in some cases very complex Keynote 5 files and expect them to somehow be transformed magically into something ethereal. Or at least just work.
A nice running blog entry on issues and suggestions for the new Keynote.
Five years since the last major Keynote release, so expectations were kind of high as to what what's been cooking at Apple. It appears Apple's motives are to bring alignment with the OS X version, the iOS versions, and now new iWork in the cloud. The result seems to be a lowest common denominator of features and abilities, which is unfortunate. Good news is the old Keynote still works and hopefully Apple won't wait another five years before giving Keynote some much needed attention.
On the flip side, there are some nice features here and the fact you can better work across platforms is valuable. It's just a compromise for those who are primarily interested in making great presentation on the Mac.
- Live @ 10 PN ET - Gift Ideas, XBox One, Phone Subsidies, Football and more
- Walmart to launch iPhone 5s, 5c Christmas sales
- Apple TV adds additional content from ABC, others
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas launches for iOS
- Angry Birds Go launches
- Straight Talk launches iPhone 5s, 5c sans contracts
- Wired looks at Square's card reader redesign
- Twitter for iOS gets update for DM photos
- Real world use of iBeacon in Apple stores
- 1Password for Mac 4.1 bring a number of improvements
- WSJ blasts ant-trust judge and prosecutor
- BassJump Subwoofer gets update for Mavericks
- Video: Shinola Premium Leather iPhone 5/5s case
- Honda announces further integration with iPhones
- Apple acquires Topsy Labs
- A look at some 4K monitor options
- Rockstar bringing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to iOS
- GLIF iPhone mount get update to be adjustable
- Honda rolling out Siri Eye Free on selection 2014 vehicles
- ScreenFlow 4.5 now available with Mavericks support
- Apple announces Black Friday sales
- iPhone 5s now available unlocked from Apple
- Apple buys 3D sensor company
- Podcast: Power outage, bad phone carriers, PS4, CoD, plus more
- Fifty Three announces Pencil Stylus
Browse and search for more articles