Apple Thursday released OS X 10.8.5 in what's likely the final Mountain Lion release before OS X Mavericks ships this fall. The update offers some bug fixes and also support for Intel's new Haswell CPUs.
The fixes include fixing an issue with 802.11ac WiFi performance. Also Apple says a bug that sometimes prevented the screen saver from starting has been resolved. Lastly the update should improve Xsan reliability.
For Haswell, Apple so far has only shipped MacBook Air computers with the latest Intel chips. Those computers shipped with a special version of 10.8.4.
- Live @ 9:30 PM ET - MacBook's USB-C Connector, Meerkat, Super Troopers, + More
- TED comes to Apple TV
- Agile Bits on passwords and security theater
- Fitbit to add multiple tracker support
- Report: Major Apple TV update, app store expected
- ABC News gets tour of Apple health and fitness lab
- Haptic touchpad on new MacBook Pro
- Tim Cook on internal collaboration and the customer experience
- Report: Apple TV subscription service expected this fall
- Want to live above an Apple Store?
- New movie: Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine
- Confusion over the MacBook's USB-C port
- Podcast: The Apple Watch
- Griffen WatchStand announced for Apple Watch
- Waterfield Designs Time Travel case for the Apple Watch
- The Apple Watch
- New MacBook comes in smaller, lighter than MacBook Air
- HBO Now official announced for Apple devices
- Reserve Strap battery backup for Apple Watch
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
Browse and search for more articles