Apple Thursday released OS X 10.8.5 in what's likely the final Mountain Lion release before OS X Mavericks ships this fall. The update offers some bug fixes and also support for Intel's new Haswell CPUs.
The fixes include fixing an issue with 802.11ac WiFi performance. Also Apple says a bug that sometimes prevented the screen saver from starting has been resolved. Lastly the update should improve Xsan reliability.
For Haswell, Apple so far has only shipped MacBook Air computers with the latest Intel chips. Those computers shipped with a special version of 10.8.4.
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
Browse and search for more articles