Logitech announced a new keyboard case for the iPad. The FabricSkin looks to be a pretty slim design for integrating a keyboard into a case. Powering the keyboard is a three-month rechargeable battery.
As with most folio styles, the case closes flat and opens to prop up the iPad. Unique, however, is rather than using notches, the case is held in place using the iPad's Smart Cover magnet system. The cover also contains magnets for instant sleep/awake. The solution seems inspired by the Microsoft Surface, although it doesn't attach to the device the same way.
Also interesting is the case offers liquid resistance both externally and internally including the keyboard.
The Logitech FabricSkin Keyboard Folio is expected to ship in May for $149.99.
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
Browse and search for more articles