Otterbox Thursday started its first battery back up case. The case is in the rugged Defender line up and is made for the iPhone 4/4S. The case features an intelligent battery meaning it only delivers power when needed. This will extend the charge of the batteries for less wasted energy and also the use won't have to flip a switch to deliver power. The is also an app to accompany the case that allows users to monitor the battery. In addition to the app, there are physical LED lights for a quick look at capacity.
The Defender with iON Intelligence is available now in black for $129.95. As noted it's only available for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. Otterbox indicated to IGM that an iPhone 5 version is in the works for later this year.
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles