The HiRise is a stand/riser for Apple's laptops and joins the company's HiRise for iMac. Essentially the stand appears to work for all MacBooks except the 17-inch MacBook Pro. So, that includes the 11", 13", and 15" MacBook Air, MacBook, and MacBook Pro. The stand raises the laptop up off the desk up to 6 inches with an adjustable pedestal. The spring-loaded design is an interesting approach where the tension of the spring pops the stand up and height can be set with a thumb screw.
The height can be adjusted for more comfortable reading or to better match an external display, such as Apple LED monitors. Also raising the laptop off of the desk allows for better airflow cooling and may help organize a desk for when an external keyboard or mouse. Twelve South recommends using such an external setup rather than directly typing on the keyboard.
The stand has good quality non-skid surface for the laptop. It's also an all metal design that matches the surface of the MacBooks and Apple's displays. On the bottom the HiRise has polymer skids which should help protect your desk surface and make for easy positioning. The skids resemble what Apple uses at the bottom of its iMac and is similar to skids on the bottom of mice.
The HiRise for MacBook is available now for a MSRP of $69.99
Buy at Amazon
- Live @ 9 PM ET - Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
- Apple Pay sparks rift between merchants and credit cards
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
Browse and search for more articles