The Embrace attempts to solve a problem of metal band-style iPhone cases, which is the installation. Usually requiring a special tool, typical metal band cases are held together with screws. The Embrace has a thumb screw joining two hinged pieces. It's an interesting design, although the thumb screw looks a little unusual.
The case is made of anodized aluminum, which is lightweight and durable. The case has a rubberized liner which should aid in limiting interference with the iPhone's external antenna design. The case hinges open at the lower left corner for easy installation and removal.
TheEmbrace has cutouts for the lower ports, side controls, and button for the iPhone's power.
The Embrace comes in a number of colors and the company also sells back plates. Pricing starts out at $69-$119 with plates selling for $19.
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
- Apple Mystery Van spotted in Bay Area
- Apple to convert sapphire glass factory to data center command center
- Newer Tech replacement batteries for older unibody MacBooks
- McCracken on TUAW shutting down
- Podcast: TV/Movie Reboots, Apple makes some money, IBM, CoD
Browse and search for more articles