The Embrace attempts to solve a problem of metal band-style iPhone cases, which is the installation. Usually requiring a special tool, typical metal band cases are held together with screws. The Embrace has a thumb screw joining two hinged pieces. It's an interesting design, although the thumb screw looks a little unusual.
The case is made of anodized aluminum, which is lightweight and durable. The case has a rubberized liner which should aid in limiting interference with the iPhone's external antenna design. The case hinges open at the lower left corner for easy installation and removal.
TheEmbrace has cutouts for the lower ports, side controls, and button for the iPhone's power.
The Embrace comes in a number of colors and the company also sells back plates. Pricing starts out at $69-$119 with plates selling for $19.
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
Browse and search for more articles