Google released a big update to its new YouTube app. Originally released for the iPad, the new version is a universal app that now also works on the iPhone and iPod touch.
In addition to supporting more devices, the app offers a number of improvements. The app included enhanced AirPlay support for viewing videos on an Apple TV, for example. Also Google says the app starts video playback faster in addition to smoother viewing. Also included is improved VoiceOver support for better accessibility. Other improvements allow for adding and removing videos from playlists, and support for clicking links in video descriptions.
Google's YouTube app is available for free from the App Store.
- Apple TV adds HBO Go and WatchESPN
- Chimera adds Hackintosh support for Haswell, Mavericks
- iTunes Radio Preview (Video)
- Facebook app adds new privacy features, status icons
- Evernote adds Gmail clipping
- Steve Jobs bio heads to paperback w/ updated cover, afterword
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps
- Podcast: iOS 7, Mavericks, Mac Pro, iTunes Radio + More
- Microsoft Office now on iPhone, but only for 365 subscribers
- iOS 7's new look
- Video - Breaking down the new Apple Mac Pro
- Video - Breaking down the 2013 MacBook Air
- OS X Mavericks' power saving magic
- New MacBook Air benchmarks prove it's all about the battery
- Apple posts two new ads shown at WWDC
- 2013 WWDC keynote video now posted
- iOS 7 gets major UX overhaul
- Apple previews next Mac Pro, but who will buy?
- iTunes Radio brings free streaming music to iOS/iTunes
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks announced
- Apple updates MacBook Air with new battery, GPU performance
- AT&T to enforce full two-year upgrade cycle
- WWDC keynote to be streamed
- Adobe Lightroom 5 now available via Creative Cloud, stand-alone
- Apple rumored to be close to Internet radio service
Browse and search for more articles