Other World Computing announced a program to help deliver clean water to underdeveloped countries. A donation will also enter you into a sweepstakes to win a 1 TB external HDD.
"OWC is celebrating its 25th year of service with a sweepstakes to thank our loyal community of customers, and by partnering with charity: water to raise funds to help a great cause."
Teaming up with charity:water, OWC says that $20 is the average cost to deliver clean water to one person. OWC is matching donations, so $10 donated actually results in $20. When donating, you can sign up to receive a report of where you're donation is heading.
The company has a campaign goal of $125,000.
Other World Computing
- Steve Jobs bio heads to paperback w/ updated cover, afterword
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps
- Podcast: iOS 7, Mavericks, Mac Pro, iTunes Radio + More
- Microsoft Office now on iPhone, but only for 365 subscribers
- iOS 7's new look
- Video - Breaking down the new Apple Mac Pro
- Video - Breaking down the 2013 MacBook Air
- OS X Mavericks' power saving magic
- New MacBook Air benchmarks prove it's all about the battery
- Apple posts two new ads shown at WWDC
- 2013 WWDC keynote video now posted
- iOS 7 gets major UX overhaul
- Apple previews next Mac Pro, but who will buy?
- iTunes Radio brings free streaming music to iOS/iTunes
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks announced
- Apple updates MacBook Air with new battery, GPU performance
- AT&T to enforce full two-year upgrade cycle
- WWDC keynote to be streamed
- Adobe Lightroom 5 now available via Creative Cloud, stand-alone
- Apple rumored to be close to Internet radio service
- VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer (Video)
- Eye-Fi Mobi transmits camera pics to iOS
- AirDrop coming to iOS 7?
- Apple may be planning an ad exchange system
- Podcast: Tim Cook, Retro Gaming, WWDC, Arrested Development
Browse and search for more articles