The new iPod nano design. Roughly the size of a credit card, the nano 7G has a screen size 2x over the previous gen. It also supports a multi-touch display, Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity and an FM tuner with 15 minute time shifting capabilities.
Other features include a built-in pedometer and connectivity with NikeFuel and Nike+. The iPod nano 7G comes in 8 colors, including a (PRODUCT) RED directly from Apple. The iPhone 5 and new iPods also retire the venerable 30-pin connector for a new Lightning dock. It's an all-digital link that's 80-percent smaller. It's also reversible so it can go into the phone whether upside down or not. Apple also announced a pair of adapters linking to older 30-pin devices. The 30-pin to Lightning adapter sells for $39, and the Lightning to 30-pin adapter goes for $29. Apple is also selling a USB cable to Lightning port for $19, which is included in new iPhones and iPods.
The iPod nano also ships with Apple's new EarPods headphones. The EarPods replace Apple's iconic and to many infamous earbuds with an updated in-ear style. The EarPods have an on-cable volume and playback controls, plus microphone.
It will only come in a single 16 GB model and will retail for $149.
- Trans Intl announce performance 2 TB Tiger SSD
- Ken Segall on Apple Watch's killer app
- Video: FLIR One thermal camera w/ Lightning Connector for iOS (Second Generation)
- Second gen FLIR One thermal cam with Lightning connector now available
- Report: How free apps are changing ad-supported content
- iOS 9 looks to free up space for OS upgrades
- CarPlay coming to select 2016 Buick and GMC vehicles
- Apple changes course on Radio payments during trial
- Taylor Swift sounds off on Apple Music free trial
- Apple patches some issues with XARA exploit
- On Apple's accessibility push with iOS
- Snowden on Apple privacy initiatives
- Nice overview of new OS X and iOS vulnerabilities
- OS X/iOS flaws may make passwords vunerable
- Dark Sky weather app gets major update
- Adobe announces updates to Creative Cloud
- Instacast podcast player is discontinued
- Apple Pay to deliver 71.5%+ split to music owners
- Ars Technical looks at El Capitan
- Podcast: iOS 9, El Capitan, Apple Watch + More
- Apple’s Schiller talks about 16 GB on entry level devices
- OWC USB-C Dock goes on pre-order
- Apple Watch watchOS 2 announced with native apps
- iOS 9 announced with refinements and iPad features
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan announced
Browse and search for more articles