The new iPod nano design. Roughly the size of a credit card, the nano 7G has a screen size 2x over the previous gen. It also supports a multi-touch display, Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity and an FM tuner with 15 minute time shifting capabilities.
Other features include a built-in pedometer and connectivity with NikeFuel and Nike+. The iPod nano 7G comes in 8 colors, including a (PRODUCT) RED directly from Apple. The iPhone 5 and new iPods also retire the venerable 30-pin connector for a new Lightning dock. It's an all-digital link that's 80-percent smaller. It's also reversible so it can go into the phone whether upside down or not. Apple also announced a pair of adapters linking to older 30-pin devices. The 30-pin to Lightning adapter sells for $39, and the Lightning to 30-pin adapter goes for $29. Apple is also selling a USB cable to Lightning port for $19, which is included in new iPhones and iPods.
The iPod nano also ships with Apple's new EarPods headphones. The EarPods replace Apple's iconic and to many infamous earbuds with an updated in-ear style. The EarPods have an on-cable volume and playback controls, plus microphone.
It will only come in a single 16 GB model and will retail for $149.
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
- Detailed look at iOS 8 Privacy
- IBM's Watson in the kitchen
- Apple rolls out Back to School Promo
- Apple may be rolling out two-factor verification for iCloud
- Apple revamps iTunes U for better iPad integration
- Apple ends Aperture
- New Parenthood iPhone 5s ad features apps with kids
- Apple updates lowest end iPod touch, trims prices
- Apple’s focus on the customer
- Dropbox app looks to streamline desktop setup
- Apple TV adds on ABC News, PBS Kids, AOL On
- A look inside Dropbox's new HQ
- Apple TV and HomeKit possibilities
- T-Mobile offers unlimited iTunes Radio streaming
- Podcast: Low end iMac, Podcast App, Amazon Phone + More
- Apple introduces new lower end iMac
Browse and search for more articles