The new iPod nano design. Roughly the size of a credit card, the nano 7G has a screen size 2x over the previous gen. It also supports a multi-touch display, Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity and an FM tuner with 15 minute time shifting capabilities.
Other features include a built-in pedometer and connectivity with NikeFuel and Nike+. The iPod nano 7G comes in 8 colors, including a (PRODUCT) RED directly from Apple. The iPhone 5 and new iPods also retire the venerable 30-pin connector for a new Lightning dock. It's an all-digital link that's 80-percent smaller. It's also reversible so it can go into the phone whether upside down or not. Apple also announced a pair of adapters linking to older 30-pin devices. The 30-pin to Lightning adapter sells for $39, and the Lightning to 30-pin adapter goes for $29. Apple is also selling a USB cable to Lightning port for $19, which is included in new iPhones and iPods.
The iPod nano also ships with Apple's new EarPods headphones. The EarPods replace Apple's iconic and to many infamous earbuds with an updated in-ear style. The EarPods have an on-cable volume and playback controls, plus microphone.
It will only come in a single 16 GB model and will retail for $149.
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
Browse and search for more articles