The new iPod nano design. Roughly the size of a credit card, the nano 7G has a screen size 2x over the previous gen. It also supports a multi-touch display, Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity and an FM tuner with 15 minute time shifting capabilities.
Other features include a built-in pedometer and connectivity with NikeFuel and Nike+. The iPod nano 7G comes in 8 colors, including a (PRODUCT) RED directly from Apple. The iPhone 5 and new iPods also retire the venerable 30-pin connector for a new Lightning dock. It's an all-digital link that's 80-percent smaller. It's also reversible so it can go into the phone whether upside down or not. Apple also announced a pair of adapters linking to older 30-pin devices. The 30-pin to Lightning adapter sells for $39, and the Lightning to 30-pin adapter goes for $29. Apple is also selling a USB cable to Lightning port for $19, which is included in new iPhones and iPods.
The iPod nano also ships with Apple's new EarPods headphones. The EarPods replace Apple's iconic and to many infamous earbuds with an updated in-ear style. The EarPods have an on-cable volume and playback controls, plus microphone.
It will only come in a single 16 GB model and will retail for $149.
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
Browse and search for more articles