The recently announced the iDrum is a Bluetooth controls surface with touch pads. Users can pair the device to their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and use it as a virtual drum or a control surface for games. A free iDrum Sound System app is designed to take advantage of the music concept of drumming along to your favorite tunes and also recording and playback. An additional arcade app is also planned for some games designed for the controller. Lastly, the iDrum has a rechargeable battery.
It's available for pre-order now for $69.99 and expected to start shipping May 31st.
From the video below, the games don't seem like anything special, and frankly seem annoying, but the drum portion is kind of cool.
Via Mobilemag, Engadget
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles