Kanex recently announced the ATV Pro for the Apple TV. The device is an HDMI to VGA adapter, allowing Apple's puck-like streaming box to connect to a VGA display. With AirPlay, both from current iOS devices and soon Macs running Mountain Lion, users can run presentations and media wirelessly.
Apple TV has become a pretty viable presentation tool. AirPlay video mirroring capabilities and Keynote support can be a pretty slick way to beam info without being tethered to a projector. While most higher-end projectors have HDMI or at least DVI, which is compatible with HDMI with a simple cable adapter, many older or cheaper/compact projects only have VGA. The $59 adapter here can retrofit such projectors to work with an Apple TV.
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles