The GripStand is a new case for the original iPad that features removable hand grip and table stand. The grip pops off by squeezing two tabs, fits the hand well, and is nicely adjustable for sitting on a table.
The GripBase is an accompanying product that mounts onto the same case and functions and an upright stand for the iPad. The GripBase turns a full 360-degrees on the table, and also rotates the iPad for portrait or landscape.
The removable accessories gives the case a modular design and allows users to perhaps leave the GripBase at home/office and the GripStand piece on the go. The modular design allows too perhaps a future iPad 2 version so you could just pick up the case and keep using the other accessories. Also, the tab removal has a real nice solid feel to it.
The GripStand and GripBase are available in Black and White models. Each are available for list price of $29.99, or for $39.99 when purchased together.
Looking for more iPad cases and accessories? Check out the playlist of reviews
- MacBook's USB-C Connector, Meerkat, Super Troopers, + More
- TED comes to Apple TV
- Agile Bits on passwords and security theater
- Fitbit to add multiple tracker support
- Report: Major Apple TV update, app store expected
- ABC News gets tour of Apple health and fitness lab
- Haptic touchpad on new MacBook Pro
- Tim Cook on internal collaboration and the customer experience
- Report: Apple TV subscription service expected this fall
- Want to live above an Apple Store?
- New movie: Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine
- Confusion over the MacBook's USB-C port
- Podcast: The Apple Watch
- Griffen WatchStand announced for Apple Watch
- Waterfield Designs Time Travel case for the Apple Watch
- The Apple Watch
- New MacBook comes in smaller, lighter than MacBook Air
- HBO Now official announced for Apple devices
- Reserve Strap battery backup for Apple Watch
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
Browse and search for more articles