The GripStand is a new case for the original iPad that features removable hand grip and table stand. The grip pops off by squeezing two tabs, fits the hand well, and is nicely adjustable for sitting on a table.
The GripBase is an accompanying product that mounts onto the same case and functions and an upright stand for the iPad. The GripBase turns a full 360-degrees on the table, and also rotates the iPad for portrait or landscape.
The removable accessories gives the case a modular design and allows users to perhaps leave the GripBase at home/office and the GripStand piece on the go. The modular design allows too perhaps a future iPad 2 version so you could just pick up the case and keep using the other accessories. Also, the tab removal has a real nice solid feel to it.
The GripStand and GripBase are available in Black and White models. Each are available for list price of $29.99, or for $39.99 when purchased together.
Looking for more iPad cases and accessories? Check out the playlist of reviews
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
Browse and search for more articles