The GripStand is a new case for the original iPad that features removable hand grip and table stand. The grip pops off by squeezing two tabs, fits the hand well, and is nicely adjustable for sitting on a table.
The GripBase is an accompanying product that mounts onto the same case and functions and an upright stand for the iPad. The GripBase turns a full 360-degrees on the table, and also rotates the iPad for portrait or landscape.
The removable accessories gives the case a modular design and allows users to perhaps leave the GripBase at home/office and the GripStand piece on the go. The modular design allows too perhaps a future iPad 2 version so you could just pick up the case and keep using the other accessories. Also, the tab removal has a real nice solid feel to it.
The GripStand and GripBase are available in Black and White models. Each are available for list price of $29.99, or for $39.99 when purchased together.
Looking for more iPad cases and accessories? Check out the playlist of reviews
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
- LaCie expanded networked FUEL drive to 2TB
- Apple adjusting app pricing in some countries
- WD My Passport Pro RAID offers portable Thunderbolt storage w/o power
- Office comes to iPad, unlocks features for iPhone
- Twitter introduces photo tagging, multiple photo support
- Sonnet Tech introduces xMac Pro Server Thunderbolt PCI Rack
- OWC boosts Mac Pro memory to 128 GB
- Macfixit is no more
Browse and search for more articles