Company announces preliminary tool for authoring HTML5 content with Illustrator.
Adobe recently outed a plug-in for Illustrator CS5 that provides some initial HTML5 and CSS3 support. The plugin requires Illustrator 15.0.1, which is the most current version from Creative Suite 5. Adobe states the plug-in helps designers to easily design Web and device content using the emerging Web standards. When coupled with Dreamweaver 11.0.3, the tools could help in development of iOS content. Apple is pushing HTML5 for media-rich and interactive Web pages rather than Adobe's Flash.
Adobe notes that the HTML5 and CSS3 tools are not expected to be finalized "for some time." The intention of this release appears to be support for current standards and will likely change as things evolve.
Adobe Illustrator CS5 HTML5 Pack
- Live @ 9:30 PM ET - MacBook's USB-C Connector, Meerkat, Super Troopers, + More
- TED comes to Apple TV
- Agile Bits on passwords and security theater
- Fitbit to add multiple tracker support
- Report: Major Apple TV update, app store expected
- ABC News gets tour of Apple health and fitness lab
- Haptic touchpad on new MacBook Pro
- Tim Cook on internal collaboration and the customer experience
- Report: Apple TV subscription service expected this fall
- Want to live above an Apple Store?
- New movie: Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine
- Confusion over the MacBook's USB-C port
- Podcast: The Apple Watch
- Griffen WatchStand announced for Apple Watch
- Waterfield Designs Time Travel case for the Apple Watch
- The Apple Watch
- New MacBook comes in smaller, lighter than MacBook Air
- HBO Now official announced for Apple devices
- Reserve Strap battery backup for Apple Watch
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
Browse and search for more articles