zoomIt is a hardware-app combo that looks quite promising in helping iPhone and iPod Touch users increase the functionality of their devices. The device connects to the iPhone/iPod via the 30-pin dock and houses an SD card slot. Media can be placed on the SD card, and then accessed via the zoomIt app.
Supported media includes photos, music, video, and documents such as Microsoft Office and PDF. Media can not only be viewed, but also shared via email, Facebook, and Flickr right from the device.
This holds a lot of promise to expand the capacity of the iPhone/iPod, but also make it easier to import, use, and share media. For example, a you could directly insert a SD card from your camera rather than first importing into iPhoto, and then syncing the device.
“zoomIt is creating an entirely new way for Apple iPhone and iPod touch users to access and use content on the go,” said Chris Fisher, President, zoomMediaPlus. “Consumers want to be able to view, listen to and share their content instantly using the device they always have with them—not wait until they can connect to their MAC or PC and synch. In seconds, you can access content and ‘zoom it’ to your iPhone/iPod touch, your friends, family, co-workers and the web.”
ZoomIt should work with all shipping iPhone and iPod Touch devices. It's expected to ship in April 2010 for $59.95. The company is taking pre-orders, which include a limited time $10 discount.
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
- LaCie expanded networked FUEL drive to 2TB
- Apple adjusting app pricing in some countries
- WD My Passport Pro RAID offers portable Thunderbolt storage w/o power
- Office comes to iPad, unlocks features for iPhone
- Twitter introduces photo tagging, multiple photo support
- Sonnet Tech introduces xMac Pro Server Thunderbolt PCI Rack
- OWC boosts Mac Pro memory to 128 GB
- Macfixit is no more
Browse and search for more articles