zoomIt is a hardware-app combo that looks quite promising in helping iPhone and iPod Touch users increase the functionality of their devices. The device connects to the iPhone/iPod via the 30-pin dock and houses an SD card slot. Media can be placed on the SD card, and then accessed via the zoomIt app.
Supported media includes photos, music, video, and documents such as Microsoft Office and PDF. Media can not only be viewed, but also shared via email, Facebook, and Flickr right from the device.
This holds a lot of promise to expand the capacity of the iPhone/iPod, but also make it easier to import, use, and share media. For example, a you could directly insert a SD card from your camera rather than first importing into iPhoto, and then syncing the device.
“zoomIt is creating an entirely new way for Apple iPhone and iPod touch users to access and use content on the go,” said Chris Fisher, President, zoomMediaPlus. “Consumers want to be able to view, listen to and share their content instantly using the device they always have with them—not wait until they can connect to their MAC or PC and synch. In seconds, you can access content and ‘zoom it’ to your iPhone/iPod touch, your friends, family, co-workers and the web.”
ZoomIt should work with all shipping iPhone and iPod Touch devices. It's expected to ship in April 2010 for $59.95. The company is taking pre-orders, which include a limited time $10 discount.
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
- Report: Jobs bio movie expected October 9th
Browse and search for more articles