zoomIt is a hardware-app combo that looks quite promising in helping iPhone and iPod Touch users increase the functionality of their devices. The device connects to the iPhone/iPod via the 30-pin dock and houses an SD card slot. Media can be placed on the SD card, and then accessed via the zoomIt app.
Supported media includes photos, music, video, and documents such as Microsoft Office and PDF. Media can not only be viewed, but also shared via email, Facebook, and Flickr right from the device.
This holds a lot of promise to expand the capacity of the iPhone/iPod, but also make it easier to import, use, and share media. For example, a you could directly insert a SD card from your camera rather than first importing into iPhoto, and then syncing the device.
“zoomIt is creating an entirely new way for Apple iPhone and iPod touch users to access and use content on the go,” said Chris Fisher, President, zoomMediaPlus. “Consumers want to be able to view, listen to and share their content instantly using the device they always have with them—not wait until they can connect to their MAC or PC and synch. In seconds, you can access content and ‘zoom it’ to your iPhone/iPod touch, your friends, family, co-workers and the web.”
ZoomIt should work with all shipping iPhone and iPod Touch devices. It's expected to ship in April 2010 for $59.95. The company is taking pre-orders, which include a limited time $10 discount.
- Logitech announces wired iPad keyboard
- Twitter launches two-factor authentication
- Otterbox acquires LifeProof
- iMap Weather Radio app sends severe weather alerts to your iPhone (Video)
- ZAGGKeys Cover and Folio keyboard cases for iPad mini
- Double Decker from Trans Intl stacks up 2 drives in Mac Pro bays
- Pebble releases new SDK for greater app functions
- iKlip 2 and iKlip Studio for mini now available
- Stitcher Radio gets simplified car mode
- Google shows off new Maps
- App store hits 50 billion downloads
- Google announces new Hangouts app, consolidates messaging
- Newer Technology GripBase Podium stand for iPad
- iMove 9.0.9 for Mac updates camera issues
- 1Password adds new in-app browser, sharing
- Bill Gates reflects of Steve Jobs on 60 Minutes
- ABC to stream network shows live to iOS devices
- Apple issues update for Thunderbolt Macs
- Pixelmator 2.2
- Using the Fitbit One Fitness Tracker (Video)
- Kenburg 5-inch short LightLinez Lightning cable
- Newer Tech reduces cost of miniStack with CD/DVD option
- Plants vs Zombies 2 slated for July
- Fitbit ships Flex wrist fitness tracker
- Gmail app updates keeps iOS users in Google's eco system
Browse and search for more articles