zoomIt is a hardware-app combo that looks quite promising in helping iPhone and iPod Touch users increase the functionality of their devices. The device connects to the iPhone/iPod via the 30-pin dock and houses an SD card slot. Media can be placed on the SD card, and then accessed via the zoomIt app.
Supported media includes photos, music, video, and documents such as Microsoft Office and PDF. Media can not only be viewed, but also shared via email, Facebook, and Flickr right from the device.
This holds a lot of promise to expand the capacity of the iPhone/iPod, but also make it easier to import, use, and share media. For example, a you could directly insert a SD card from your camera rather than first importing into iPhoto, and then syncing the device.
“zoomIt is creating an entirely new way for Apple iPhone and iPod touch users to access and use content on the go,” said Chris Fisher, President, zoomMediaPlus. “Consumers want to be able to view, listen to and share their content instantly using the device they always have with them—not wait until they can connect to their MAC or PC and synch. In seconds, you can access content and ‘zoom it’ to your iPhone/iPod touch, your friends, family, co-workers and the web.”
ZoomIt should work with all shipping iPhone and iPod Touch devices. It's expected to ship in April 2010 for $59.95. The company is taking pre-orders, which include a limited time $10 discount.
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
- That FLIR iPhone heat camera can steal PIN numbers
- Apple special event set for September 9
- Dropbox changes to a single 1 TB Pro plan
- August Smart Lock begins shipping
- iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Otterbox announces Alpha Glass screen protector
- OS X Yosemite allows screen sharing over iMessage
- Final Cut Pro suite gets minor updates
- Visual history of Apple designs
- Evernote Webclipper for Safari get big update
- Podcast: Looftlighter, Sapphire Glass, Robin Williams, Google Customer Service, plus more
- Apple mission statement on its culture of diversity
- A look at Apple University
- iPhone 6 prank
- Podcast: iPhone announcement date, traffic school, Apple-Samsung lawsuit, plus more
- iPhone event reportedly set for September 9th
- Apple, Samsung work towards burying the patent hatchet
- OWC adds software RAID option for ThunderBay external storage
- The Verge: Comcast’s internal customer retention guide
- Lightning dockStubz connector helps solve problem of docking with a case
- iPassword offering extension for third party iOS 8 apps
- MacBook Pro lineup gets Haswell CPU bump, more memory
- Podcast: Walkie-talkies, iOS 8 betas, CES and much more
Browse and search for more articles