zoomIt is a hardware-app combo that looks quite promising in helping iPhone and iPod Touch users increase the functionality of their devices. The device connects to the iPhone/iPod via the 30-pin dock and houses an SD card slot. Media can be placed on the SD card, and then accessed via the zoomIt app.
Supported media includes photos, music, video, and documents such as Microsoft Office and PDF. Media can not only be viewed, but also shared via email, Facebook, and Flickr right from the device.
This holds a lot of promise to expand the capacity of the iPhone/iPod, but also make it easier to import, use, and share media. For example, a you could directly insert a SD card from your camera rather than first importing into iPhoto, and then syncing the device.
“zoomIt is creating an entirely new way for Apple iPhone and iPod touch users to access and use content on the go,” said Chris Fisher, President, zoomMediaPlus. “Consumers want to be able to view, listen to and share their content instantly using the device they always have with them—not wait until they can connect to their MAC or PC and synch. In seconds, you can access content and ‘zoom it’ to your iPhone/iPod touch, your friends, family, co-workers and the web.”
ZoomIt should work with all shipping iPhone and iPod Touch devices. It's expected to ship in April 2010 for $59.95. The company is taking pre-orders, which include a limited time $10 discount.
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
Browse and search for more articles