The current Mac Pro desktops are getting a little long in the tooth. Also, any power hungry geeks already have had March ‘09 circled on their calendars, as Q1-9 has long been expected release for the Nehalem Core i7 Xeon release. Based on what’s available, that’s the brains most likely to go into the next revision of Mac Pro. MacRumors notes now a specific date has been given, March 29th, in typical PR fashion of waiting to the last days of the given window.
When these processors will be made available in volume is yet to be seen. Apple has previously been among first dibs on Intel gear, such as the dual 4-core Octo powerhouse a couple years ago. The safe money I’d think would bee to say anytime between March and the Snow Leopard release.
Initial feedback on these chips is an incremental increase in general computing, but big time gains for large data processing such as video rendering/compression. The phrase “ridiculously fast” has been attached to this release. Coupled with Snow Leopard multi-core refinements, audio/video professionals in particular should have something to get excited about.
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles