Quoting the Chinese-language Economic Daily News (Sorry, no website, not even in Chinese), DigiTimes reports that Apple plans to launch an updated version of the iMac in January. Thereupon, the mothership's OEM partner for its prosumer desktop, Quanta, will begin making deliveries in January at an initial rate of 800,000 units per month for the first quarter.
Assuming Apple maintains that build rate, which isn't likely, they will produce 9.6-million iMacs next year. Thereupon, the mothership is obviously planning for significant pent up demand over the first few months of the new iMac's availability, which is expected to be built around nVidia's widely praised MCP79 chipset.
That's likely a prudent strategy given the hit Mac desktop sales took in October and November after rumors of a product refresh sidelined buyers.
[Click through to continue]
Yesterday, the lads at Macenstrein published the above image, calling it the new Mac mini. Well, aside from that being a face only the mother(ship) could love are there any reasons to discount or believe that that is indeed Apple's revised entry-level headless desktop?
It kind of fits earlier rumors of a Mac nano...
What's your take?
Choose from over 4.5 Million songs!
- Podcast: TV/Movie Reboots, Apple makes some money, IBM, CoD
- Microsoft rolls out new Outlook app for iOS
- Otterbox ships Resurgence battery backup case for iPhone 6
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch in April
- Apple’s Q1 Earnings
- 1Password gets update on Mac, iOS
- Cringely on IBM's massive restructuring
- Report: Apple Watch battery life may be around 19 hours
- Twitter launches recap feature
- Rogue Amoeba Audio Hijack get major overhaul
- Khan Academy brings lessons to iPad
- Evernote Scannable App
- Podcast: CES wrap-up of gadgets, ho or no adventures and more
- Looking at Flickr camera ownership for 2014
- iOS 8 beta previews Apple Watch companion app
- Lifeproof LiveActiv Battery Backup Case and Smart Mounting System - CES 2015
- USB 3.1 storage from Other World Computing - CES 2015
- ScanSnap ix100 portable/mobile scanner - CES 2015
- WEMO Zigbee products for doors, windows, smoke detectors, keychains, and more - CES 2015
- FLIR One thermal camera for iOS w/ Lightning Connector- CES 2015
- iDevices Switch offers iOS 8 HomeKit compatibility - CES 2015
- Upcoming Transwarp from OWC brings better than Fusion Drive to older Macs0 CES 2015
- Anova Bluetooth Sous Vide Cooker - CES 2015
- Mountie from Ten 1 Design mounts your tablet to your display - CES 2015
- iPin Laser pointer and iPin BTtogo presentation gadgets for iPhone - CES 2015
Browse and search for more articles