Quoting the Chinese-language Economic Daily News (Sorry, no website, not even in Chinese), DigiTimes reports that Apple plans to launch an updated version of the iMac in January. Thereupon, the mothership's OEM partner for its prosumer desktop, Quanta, will begin making deliveries in January at an initial rate of 800,000 units per month for the first quarter.
Assuming Apple maintains that build rate, which isn't likely, they will produce 9.6-million iMacs next year. Thereupon, the mothership is obviously planning for significant pent up demand over the first few months of the new iMac's availability, which is expected to be built around nVidia's widely praised MCP79 chipset.
That's likely a prudent strategy given the hit Mac desktop sales took in October and November after rumors of a product refresh sidelined buyers.
[Click through to continue]
Yesterday, the lads at Macenstrein published the above image, calling it the new Mac mini. Well, aside from that being a face only the mother(ship) could love are there any reasons to discount or believe that that is indeed Apple's revised entry-level headless desktop?
It kind of fits earlier rumors of a Mac nano...
What's your take?
Choose from over 4.5 Million songs!
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Controls
- Apple Watch Review Diary - The Hardware
- Apple Watch Apps, shipping issues, pop culture reactions
- Some practically useful early Apple Watch apps
- Ars: Inside Apple's ResearchKit
- Apple VP Angela Ahrendts sends video message on Apple Watch to retail employees
- Keynote, PowerPoint apps add support for Apple Watch
- How Apple Watch measures your heart rate
- AnandTech review of new MacBook
- Podcast: Apple Watch try-on experience, new MacBook
- 1Password 5.4 for iOS brings Apple Watch support
- Reddit Infographic visually describe Apple Watch UI
- Andy Hertzfeld on latest Jobs biography
- OWC Envoy Pro mini brings up to 480GB on a USB 3.0 stick
- Apple sets June 8th for WWDC
- Apple releases ResearchKit medical research framework
- The Apple Watch store appointment experience
- Podcast: Picking an Apple Watch, 1Password OTP
- Apple Watch goes on pre-order Friday exclusively online
- Apple VP Ahrendts tells staff best way to buy Apple Watch
- 1Password for Mac 5.3 adds TOTP Password support
- Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection comings to iTunes
- HBO Now launches for iOS
- Apple offering employees up to 50% discount on Apple Watch at launch
- Apple Watch Guided Tours
Browse and search for more articles