Quoting the Chinese-language Economic Daily News (Sorry, no website, not even in Chinese), DigiTimes reports that Apple plans to launch an updated version of the iMac in January. Thereupon, the mothership's OEM partner for its prosumer desktop, Quanta, will begin making deliveries in January at an initial rate of 800,000 units per month for the first quarter.
Assuming Apple maintains that build rate, which isn't likely, they will produce 9.6-million iMacs next year. Thereupon, the mothership is obviously planning for significant pent up demand over the first few months of the new iMac's availability, which is expected to be built around nVidia's widely praised MCP79 chipset.
That's likely a prudent strategy given the hit Mac desktop sales took in October and November after rumors of a product refresh sidelined buyers.
[Click through to continue]
Yesterday, the lads at Macenstrein published the above image, calling it the new Mac mini. Well, aside from that being a face only the mother(ship) could love are there any reasons to discount or believe that that is indeed Apple's revised entry-level headless desktop?
It kind of fits earlier rumors of a Mac nano...
What's your take?
Choose from over 4.5 Million songs!
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
- New Twelve South adjustable HiRise Deluxe matches your device
- Apple’s Eddie Cue goes shopping with Apple Pay
- OWC announces ThunderBay 4 mini portable Thunderbolt 2 RAID
- Video: Did you know your Mac is tracking all your downloads? Here's how to fix that.
- Site tracks Apple Stores replacing bent iPhones
- OWC announces 1 TB upgrades for MacBook Air
- Apple website deregisters iMessage on devices
- Trolling AirDrop
- Microsoft rolls out new iPhone Offices, updates for iPad
- Twelve South releases SurfacePad for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Mac OS X Hints site future uncertain
- Jawbone UP3 adds on more sensors
- Macworld looks at Pioneer's CarPlay upgrade
- $99 iPhone 6 expected at Sam's Club
- Microsoft announces Office 2015, releases Updated Outlook
- Trent Reznor working on project for Apple
- Seth Rogan expected to play Woz in upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Tim Cook on being gay
- Twelve South bring BookArc stand to Mac Pro
- Walgreens and Apple Pay
- Fitbit bring out three new fitness wristband
- Apple Pay sparks rift between merchants and credit cards
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
Browse and search for more articles