Quoting the Chinese-language Economic Daily News (Sorry, no website, not even in Chinese), DigiTimes reports that Apple plans to launch an updated version of the iMac in January. Thereupon, the mothership's OEM partner for its prosumer desktop, Quanta, will begin making deliveries in January at an initial rate of 800,000 units per month for the first quarter.
Assuming Apple maintains that build rate, which isn't likely, they will produce 9.6-million iMacs next year. Thereupon, the mothership is obviously planning for significant pent up demand over the first few months of the new iMac's availability, which is expected to be built around nVidia's widely praised MCP79 chipset.
That's likely a prudent strategy given the hit Mac desktop sales took in October and November after rumors of a product refresh sidelined buyers.
[Click through to continue]
Yesterday, the lads at Macenstrein published the above image, calling it the new Mac mini. Well, aside from that being a face only the mother(ship) could love are there any reasons to discount or believe that that is indeed Apple's revised entry-level headless desktop?
It kind of fits earlier rumors of a Mac nano...
What's your take?
Choose from over 4.5 Million songs!
- Podcast: End of Macworld Expo? Mac Hack, Jobs movie + more
- Tool and guides emerge to upgrade older Macs for Yosemite Continuity/Handoff
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
Browse and search for more articles